STILL HAVENT LOST ANY EFFIN WEIGHT!!

Options

Replies

• tweetymom8
    tweetymom8 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You can try the Omron Fat Loss Monitor HBF-306C to measure your body fat percentage rather than just your weight. It is only $30 on Amazon. Read and follow the instructions very carefully or it will be inaccurate. You could be converting fat to muscle with little net weight change.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Starvation is NOT going to get you there.
  • calisunrise
    Options
    600 on average-300 = 300
    you are truly starving yourself. 300 calories left to function.
  • snubes16
    snubes16 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    you probably aren't eating enough calories...sounds stupid, but your body is probably storing every possible calorie because you have not been eating enough to put your body in efficiency mode :o)
  • amyski1988
    Options
    Jeez ive been a fool. Its hard though cause im full and think to myself if im not hungry why should i eat ya know. Thanks for all the advice though its been an eye opener x
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I Just read your diary. You eat a lot of processed food. Where are the fruits and veggies?? All I can see is chocolate and chips and diet coke? If you really want to make a life change, you have to choose better food to feed your body than that. Plus you are not eating nearly enough. You have to change what you are eating above everything else though. Eating 600 calories of complete junk will not get you where you want to go and it must make you feel terrible too aside from the 2 seconds of good taste in your mouth.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating enough.....just looked at your diary. More protein, few healthy carbs and calories.
  • Tammyinbali
    Tammyinbali Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You're eating half the amount of calories you should be...and most of those calories are made up of chips & chocolate. You might want to try adding some vegetables & fruit and other generally healthy stuff...it's a lifestyle change that's needed. If you resort to a program to help you then you need to follow the guidelines it sets up for you otherwise the program won't work.
  • amyski1988
    Options
    I take cherry tomatoes to work along with raw green beans, celery and add frozen packed veg with my meals
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    You can try the Omron Fat Loss Monitor HBF-306C to measure your body fat percentage rather than just your weight. It is only $30 on Amazon. Read and follow the instructions very carefully or it will be inaccurate. You could be converting fat to muscle with little net weight change.

Fat does not magically convert to muscle, and eating on an EXTREME deficit, she's not building muscle either.

You are eating 600-700 calories a day and burning 400-500. You are netting 100-200 calories that you are providing your body for energy. Very short women who are very inactive usually need 1100-1200 to breathe, blink, and have a heart beat. YOU NEED TO EAT MORE. Seriously. The good links have already been provided several times. Read up on why. Faster isn't better (and doing what you're doing, your body will probably try to hold on to fat as long as possible). You will end up losing weight with what you're doing, although you might be dead before you get there. Many women who suffer from eating disorders die from heart attacks.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Jeez ive been a fool. Its hard though cause im full and think to myself if im not hungry why should i eat ya know. Thanks for all the advice though its been an eye opener x

Peanut butter + spoon.
  • kevada1
    Options
    Sodium intake? Stress factors? Food consumption intervals? Medical predisposing factors? Balance inner harmony; try pulling in your doc into the equation for diagnostics; open the food diary for input despite the fact you are an individual so you may have diff metabolism. You can review other's weight loss food diaries & try to incorporate into your own. But most of all a quote from Conrad Hilton covers any thought of abandoning your efforts SO DON'T: 'Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.'
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary, you are eating WAY too little. You're body isn't going to let go of its reserves if it thinks you are starving. 1200 is already too low, but 700 is crazy.
  • queenhiphop
    queenhiphop Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    you're eating ****... how are you servicing your body with 2 packets of crisps and a chocolate bar for lunch?

eat nutritiously and then you will see a difference, i promise.
  • Zommbunny
    Options
    your not eating enough and what you are eating is not all that great... try whole/clean foods and try to cut back on the chocolate lol
    i normally wouldn't say that but in your case with how little your eating its actually makign a difference lol
    x
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Besides the calorie count being too low to support your metabolism, it looks like your nutrition is not that good. I would like to see some whole grains, fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and healthy fats (olive oil, peanut butter, nuts).
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Stop eating "like a rabbit" and eat back at least half your exercise calories. It could be water weight, which will soon come off.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Do a search and read the posts about undereating .
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Seriously?

You are barely eating.. and what you are eating is just plain crap. Chocolate bars, sodium filled soups, and chips for dinner? Do you really expect to see weight loss from that?

I'm sorry for being mean about it but you need to be honest with yourself and you need to be serious if you actually want to lose weight. Eat proper foods. Eat fresh veggies, fresh fruits, lean meats, yogurts, eggs, etc. Stop eating so much processed garbage. You barely take in any fruits and veggies.

You are most likely high on sodium which causes water weight.

If you continue to eat so little you will lose weight but it will be muscle, not fat. Do you really want to lose muscle?

Even 1200 calories is too low let alone the maybe 800 you have been eating the last few days. Eat properly and you will see losses.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options

First off, fat does not convert to muscle.. fat cells shrink or increase... muscle gets bigger or smaller.

Secondly, as a woman you need to eat at a surplus and lift heavy weights for long periods of time to gain muscle. It is incredibly difficult to build any real muscle as a woman.

No one will gain muscle eating 400-800 calories a day. THose who think they are when they see gains are just fooling themselves. Just working out doesn't cause you to build muscle... you need to eat enough, eat enough protein and lift heavy. The OP will actually be losing muscle as she is not eating nearly enough.