Do anyone meet there daily allowance totally?

Options
It seems very hard for me to meet my daily food allowance once I add in my exercise. I am fully satisfied and don't feel like I need anything else and I know they say that you need the fuel to lose the weight but if I am not hungry what do I do?

Replies

• lsand
    lsand Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I think if you're losing weight it's probably ok, but if you're not then you should eat more calories, because if you're body doesn't get the amount it needs to function well, it will start hoarding calories and you won't lose weight.
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Thanks this is my first week actually calculating it through this site and I weigh in every Monday so I will see what the scale say then thanks for the reply!!
  • rhstyles
    rhstyles Posts: 36
    Options
    I try to alternate days, if I know I am going to eat out later in the week or over the weekend, I use them as a "cushion". Lots of people on here suggest eating peanut butter or something like it that is high in calories but also healthy.
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Thanks rhstyles alternating days is a good thought!!
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    If Im working out alot that day I eat all my calories and a few more. I was getting tired alot and was afraid to eat it all but now I found by listening to my body that I have alot more energy. Hope it helps!
  • NYGoddess77
    NYGoddess77 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to figure that one out for a while now C. Sometimes I be too full to eat that much food lol...
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    I have read some articles and they all say that I will soon plateau at this rate so I am going to have to step it up as far as my eating I don't want to do that. Thanks everyone for the responses I guess I will just have to get creative and get these calories in. Wow it just seem like you said Chryl I am too full to eat but I guess if we want to fuel our bodies we have to get them in. So that way we lose weight.
  • Pinksapphire74
    Options
    I would just continue to eat they way you are. Find out about where your RMR is, eat that amount of calories everyday, then when you stop losing and hit that plauto, step up your calories a little. You will always hit a plauto at some point, it's just your body getting use to what you are doing, so you need to change things up every now and again. I have not been eating all my calories and have lost 50 pounds so far, but I just hit a plauto, so I am now trying to just eat the amount of calories my RMR is at. Good luck and never be afraid to ask questions on here, there are ssssooo many wonderful people willing to help you:)
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Thanks Alecia and congrats on losing 50lbs that is wonderful
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I have read some articles and they all say that I will soon plateau at this rate so I am going to have to step it up as far as my eating I don't want to do that. Thanks everyone for the responses I guess I will just have to get creative and get these calories in. Wow it just seem like you said Chryl I am too full to eat but I guess if we want to fuel our bodies we have to get them in. So that way we lose weight.

cnbethea-- A plateau is exactly what happened to me. I was eating my pre-exercise calorie goal of 1400. I lost weight for the first 3 months by not eating my exercise calories. But, then I hit a plateau for 4 months!!!! I decided to eat the exercise calories. I gradually added more food into my daily diet, by eating more healthy foods (nuts, veggies, whole wheats, lean meats, etc) and once I did this I started losing more weight! I ended up losing 3 pounds in less than 3 weeks (My goals are set at 1lb/week). It was crazy!!! I think my body was relieved to have enough fuel to continue my workouts, and I loooved looking at the numbers on the scale. Now, saying this- I don't always eat my exercise calories. There are some days where maybe I had to get a late exercise in, and I don't want to eat after to avoid indigestion while I'm sleeping. And then there are some days I go over my daily calorie goal, but I just don't stress about it because my thoughts are that as long as I'm not full-on pigging out at just one meal, my body will be okay. The problem areas lie in eating too much at certain meals, for me anyways. Do what feels good for you. And if you aren't getting enough good fats in...add more of those-- they are high in calories so they will help you meet your calorie goal. Examples include: avacados/guacamole, almonds & any sort of raw nuts, natural peanut butter (the less sugar the better). Consuming just 2 TBSP of natural peanut butter is 180 calories. I like to eat that on apple slices.

Try out things and see what works for you! Each of us is different, so most of us can only offer advice based on what has worked well for us personally. Good luck and have fun on this journey!! :flowerforyou:
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Add a bit of peanut butter to a sliced apple snack. Add a glass of milk to dinner. Add a slice of cheese to a sandwich. Add some sour cream to your potato. Add a sliced banana to your cereal for breakfast. All these things add up and wont make you feel like your eating that much more.
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Thanks Ladies both are very wonderful suggestions and I greatly appreciate them I am going to see how my body responds. Your right Dawna it is ultimately up to your body we all do respond differently I will see what will happen these next couple of weeks. Then I will start trying out the different responses that you all have given me along with the weeks ahead I am going to try to work on the food choices!!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Don't forget your recovery drink! That's an easy 200 calories right there and you don't have to be hungry to drink it.

Chocolate milk with skim milk is the big one, because it's the easiest thing to make and most people already have it in their home: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/152240.php

I've been experimenting with other things that can give you that magic 4:1 carb to protein ratio and came up with my own formula: 3 tbs of tang, 2 tbs of protein powder (vanilla flavored), and 1 packet of emergen-C; makes two 12-16 oz glasses ... I split 1 glass for before and during my workout. Then I drink the other glass after my workout.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Within 50 cals. I have no trouble eating my recommended calorie intake. I love milk and peanut butter and fruit and beans so I have no trouble meeting my requirement every day.