pasta dilemma

Options
Does anyone know of a brand that produces a LOW CALORIE pasta?

Replies

• stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    tofu shiritaki noodles are a tofu/yam noodle substitute. The texture isn't exactly like a regular noodle but not bad. Also spaghetti squash.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for plain white pasta, Ronzoni Smart Taste has only 180 calories per 2 ounce (dry) serving as compared to the typical 200-210 calories in most brands. It's also got more fiber :smile:
  • dawnieqt
    dawnieqt Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm looking for a penne rigate. I normally use Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Whole Wheat and it is 180 calories per 2 oz as well. Isn't that only about 1/4 cup of pasta?

Spaghetti squash? What's that?
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options

Use spagetti squash!

Oh, that has been said. :blushing:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options

Use spagetti squash!

Oh, that has been said. :blushing:
    No, I do appreciate you saying it again so I remember to grab some one day soon to try it out. How do you prepare yours? I saw a thread earlier in placing 1/2 in a pan no water. Another thread a couple inches of water, is the water added to keep it moist or for faster cooking?

Thanks for any input gang:drinker: :wink:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a penne rigate. I normally use Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Whole Wheat and it is 180 calories per 2 oz as well. Isn't that only about 1/4 cup of pasta?

Spaghetti squash? What's that?

2 ounces of dry pasta is about 1 cup cooked.

Spaghetti Squash is awesome! It's round and yellow and you'll find it next to the zucchini in your produce section. To easily and quickly cook it, you can cut it in half, lay it cut side down in 1/2 inch of water in a glass pan. Cover it with plastic wrap and cook it in the microwave for 13 minutes. - it'll be perfect!

The reason for the water is to basically steam it - you'll drain it off before you eat it. I don't like using too much water because then it gets soggy.
  • dawnieqt
    dawnieqt Posts: 26
    Options
    I looked it up on google once it was suggested! It sounds DELICIOUS!!! I don't think I've ever seen it at my grocery store but I'll be sure to look closer next visit! Thanks!!! :)
  • kgrutch
    kgrutch Posts: 223
    Options
    i love the whole wheat pasta "hodgson mill". it looks really brown on the shelf and like it would taste bad but it is really good. it is not low calorie but it is 100% whole grain whereas some of the other brands are only partially wheat.