Pull ups are no joke!

Options
I did assisted pull ups (one leg on the bench and pulling myself up). This was tuesday and I am still super sore :) I havent been able to properly scratch my back or put a shirt on for days. I was able to do hard core burpees Thursday no probelm (push ups). I noticed that it worked the heck out of my forearms, triceps, and the are between my sholder blades/armpits. :) So mixing that with push ups/burpees works most of your arms, chest, and back. Good combo to add to your workout!

Replies

• DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I agree! I tried to do some at the park on the monkey bars :laugh: I couldn't do ONE! I can do push ups and burpees for ever, but the pull up had me! I now vow to get a pull up bar for home and make it my new goal!
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I understand!! I can not do one. But the next best thing is to put one leg on a bench or something and do it that way. Even doing them that was was intense!! Thats a great goal by the way!
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Yeah I know right! My husband can do them with no assistance, but I have to have it! It's great for our arms thought!:bigsmile:

What are burpees?
  • earlie
    earlie Posts: 22
    Options
    I know Ouch......I did them this week also and I'm sore too:smile:
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Yeah I know right! My husband can do them with no assistance, but I have to have it! It's great for our arms thought!:bigsmile:

What are burpees?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbmaqsw2Fsc

FYI he does the push ups fast. On the push ups I do them slow and controlled.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Ok, now my kids are all grown up but for some reason the first thing I thought of when I read the topic was the pull-ups little kids wear when they are potty training. :laugh:
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Right on! I'm working on pull ups. I still need a lot of assistance, but I have a goal of being able to do them unassisted.

I love burpees! They kill me but I love them.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    too funny when I first saw the subject line I thought it would be a Mom talking about her experience with a child using 'pull-ups' sharing how it turned into cardio:laugh:

subject lines can be mysterious and funny :)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Ok, now my kids are all grown up but for some reason the first thing I thought of when I read the topic was the pull-ups little kids wear when they are potty training. :laugh:
    You too? Ok then I wasn't the only one!:laugh: :tongue:
  • nadine2unfit2bqueen
    nadine2unfit2bqueen Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I used to be able to do 6 in a row unassisted. Now I can only do one... and thats if i jump start it! Last summer my running route took me by a set of monkey bars and everyday I would stop and give it my best shot. Finally one day a guy was showing off to his girlfriend, he did 5 real smooth but struggled heavily on the 6th. The girl still seemed impressed until I jumped up and fired off 6 like it was nothing. Should have seen the look on the guys face. The feeling I had running away from those monkey bars was unreal! I want to be able to do that again! I've been rock climbing at an indoor gym for about a month now and my goal is to be able to do 5 pull-ups and climb the crimping wall.