Breakfast ideas?? High in protein, low in carbs

Options
HI Guys,

I've been eating the following for brekkie:

Oats with a scoop of whey protein
OR
Scrambled eggs (1 whole, 2 egg whites)
OR
Smoothie ( a frozen banana, whey protein, vanilla essence and milk)

Im getting tired of the same things though, do you guys have any cool ideas??
I try include a protein in my breakfast and keep it low carb :)

Replies

• Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    My fav as of late after the gym has been a small apple chopped into pieces mixed in with 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt, 1 scoop of vanilla whey, and 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese...with cinnamon! DELICIOUS!
  • HollyLlama1980
    Options
    My staple breakfast is 1 slice of Ezekiel bread, 4 ounces fat free cottage cheese, 3 slices canadian bacon and a homemade egg muffin. Sometimes I'll also add 1 ounce of avocado. This breaks down to roughly 338 calories, 27 carbs, 7 fat and 43 protein. Of course, if you wanted to go lower carb, I suppose you could leave out the bread. Even though I eat pretty much the same thing every day, I have yet to get tired of it. Besides that, you could change up the spices/way you make the egg muffins to keep them somewhat more interesting. ;-)
  • Lsteedly85
    Lsteedly85 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I know it is not "pumpkin" season, but these pumpkin spice pancakes are seriously good and taste like a treat, even though they are clean.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/video-jamie-eason-pumpkin-spice-pancakes.htm
  • joycebug
    joycebug Posts: 309
    Options
    I cut up a banana and an avocado. Put it in a bowl with lowfat or skim milk...add sweetener if you must. LOVE IT! My mom used to make that for me for breakfast when I was little...
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I make a batch of South Beach Quiche Cups on the weekend and heat up 2 for breakfast with a clementine.

It's spinach, egg beaters, low fat cheese, green pepper and whatever other veggie I have around.
  • lbride
    lbride Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I make a "healthy" sausage mcmuffin, with a toasted whole grain english muffin, jimmy dean turkey sausage and 1/4 shredded cheese (plus ketchup-b/c I like it!). You could substitute a low carb muffin or bread if you'd like.
  • kw0205
    kw0205 Posts: 62
    Options
    I've done these cakes and they're good:

Whisk one egg with 2 T low fat bisquick and 1 T skim milk. Mix in 1/4 cup of blueberries. Prepare it in a pan like you would a pancake. To me, they taste like blueberry french toast.

Thanks everyone for other good ideas!