1200 Calories upto 1400 Calories Per Day

Options
Looking for a bit of advice, i have noticed that people are putting up there calories intake from 1200 to 1400 quite alot, I have not really noticed alot of difference in my weight, the only thing I am noticing is that I seem to be weeing more than anything. so do you think it would be a good idea to go up to 1400 calories per day to help to start to shift the weight ?

Replies

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    so you are at 1200 cal/day right now and considering upping to 1400? Also, what do you have your goals set at and what is your BMR?

How long have you been at 1200 cal/day and how much weight have you lost so far? Upping your calories to lose weight, imo, should ONLY be done if you have been at a big deficit for a long time and your weight loss has slowed or stopped.
  • kerryoneill22
    kerryoneill22 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My BMR is 1,472, i have been @ 1200 cals per day for a while now and am not seeing alot of difference on the scales, my goals are to lose 2lbs per week, but right now that is not happening.

Trouble is with me I want these things to happen overnight lol
  • GauchoMark
    Options
    Trouble is with me I want these things to happen overnight lol

well, at least you know what your problem is!

You only have 20 lbs to lose according to your ticker. Your goal should be more in the range of 0.5 lb/wk MAYBE 1 lb/wk. Are you taking any circumference measurements or gotten any smaller compared to your clothes?

Could be that you are losing weight, you just aren't taking enough measurements to tell. It could also be that you are not estimating your calories and activity correctly. If you are confident that your food estimates are correct (portion estimation is where most people struggle - get a scale and weight your food if you don't already) then I would suggest upping to 1472 at least. If you are not sure about how accurate your calories are, then you could already be eating too much and not noticing.
  • Razzy43
    Razzy43 Posts: 32
    Options
    What is your activity level? Losing 2 lbs a week would require quite a bit of extra activity a week besides diet alone.
  • kcallas88
    kcallas88 Posts: 192
    Options
    I recently just got stuck in that area myself. i was working out 5days a week, eating 1200 calories, loosing weight steadily until about December 9th. My weight hasn't moved since! I finally did an inordinate amount of research and discovered my BMR is almost 1400 and i definitely wasn't eating enough. I upped my calorie intake to 1600 a day, which honestly some days is a struggle. But when i got on the scale today, down 2 lbs since last week! YAY! i just hope it keeps up because i love not stressing over calories.

Depending on your workouts, try incorporating strength/weight training. I helps up your metabolism all day every day. Its hard, i personally hate it, but I love the muscle definition and the shift in the scales!!

Hope this helps!
  • kerryoneill22
    kerryoneill22 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am not the most active person, I do the 30 shred everyday which is 28 minutes which is about it really, yes I am taking measurements, however I only started that last Friday so I have to wait until this Friday to find out if there is any change or not, I have noticed the difference in my clothes they are slightly loser but not much.
  • GauchoMark
    Options
    If you've noticed your clothes being larger, then it does sound like you are losing weight and your scale is tricking you. Just give it more time and stick with it.