What's the craziest diet you've ever done

Options
cindiva65
cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
We've all been there and done that.....get so fed up with our weight that we are willing to try any quick fix, magic pill or formula. What's the craziest thing you've ever done to lose weight?

Ive tried several stupid things over the years from pills which left me jittery to say the least, cabbage soup that no one wanted to be in a room with me and my gas, etc.

The craziest now that I look back was one that I actually did lose a large amount of weight on. HCG. I was on it for 6 mths and lost 53 lbs by taking drops and eating only 500 calories a day...yeah you read that right....500 calories a day!!! Well needless to say after I finally was able to eat food again I regained it all back plus 3 lbs. All that hard work was gone...back to the starting block.

The only way to lose weight and keep it off is to eat sensibly and get your body moving. But we all have to live and learn the hard way it seems!!!

Replies

• 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    When I was at my heaviest, I tried the "ABC" diet. Google it, if you must. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

My mother in law did the drops too. And gained it all back +10
  • tiffanyheth
    tiffanyheth Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    HCG--
    COME ON--500 CALORIES per day, it's no wonder ShawnT and I couldn't hang doing HipHopAbs. Yuck!
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Right!? I tried explaining that the drops had nothing to do with it, how unhealthy it was, etc.... I guess we gotta learn from our own mistakes!
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    HCG yep 500 cal a day. I still can't eat boiled chicken breast with cabbage without gagging because that was pretty much my lunch every day....ugh

They actually said not to work out while on it because you are borderline protein deficient!!! LOL
  • mispotatohead
    mispotatohead Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I did a two week diet once something a friend gave to me. It claimed to be from (I'm not saying where and I've found other diets by this name online but never been able to find the one I did anywhere else).

It claimed you'd lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks and it would diminish your appetite afterwards. I lost 17 in the two weeks and yes my appetite was diminished. I did use that as a basis for a jump start and lost a few more pounds after that but the problem was it didn't teach me how to properly eat...went back to my old ways...and you know the rest of that story

It was an awful idea as it was very hard on my body and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I poured bacon grease into my coconut milk and it tasted really good. I would do it again if I could.