PMS is EVIL (sorry boys)

Options
Thought of the day: If our bodies are going to crave the worst of foods during that time of the then it should compensate by boosting our metabolism!!!!

Replies

• Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Actually, I could swear that I read somewhere that it does... Hmmm...
  • msosborne2u
    Options
    Amen Sista!! :-)
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options

((GASP)) Dont tell me that!! Or this cookie is mine :X
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Thought of the day: If our bodies are going to crave the worst of foods during that time of the then it should compensate by boosting our metabolism!!!!

Bad things?!

Like the two BAGS of popcorn I ate the other day, and the ginormous bowl of cinnamon Life cereal last night? Gods. I wanted to kick myself after both. I'm craving sweets today... have had a plum, and am eating an orange, and had Special K fruit crisps earlier... and one square of 85% dark chocolate. Just one. The rest are in my cupboard.

Evil. Totally evil.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    you don't have to appologize to me! I bore the brunt of it for years with the wife! :tongue:

(she's on BC now so she's not nearly so crazy any more)
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options

((GASP)) Dont tell me that!! Or this cookie is mine :X

Ok... I'm warning ya... Pull this link up at your own risk!!! *lulz* http://www.weight-loss-center.net/weight-loss-blog/2008/12/pms-increases-metabolism-and-weight-loss/
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    haha oh wow. that is so good to know. i love that link right now. (i can control myself during PMS, but its still great to know theres an upside lol)
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    mmmm she said trail mix .... oops there I go again lmao :sad:
  • sweetrevenge
    Options
    Try a 1/2 cup of Dannon Vanilla Light & Fit yogurt and a quarter cup of sliced strawberries (I get the frozen ones and let them thaw)
    I put 1/4 cup of yogurt on the bottom of the cup or bowl, the strawberries on top of that and the other quarter cup of yogurt on top of that and top with Back to Nature chocolate delight granola. If you want to be really adventerous you can replace the strawberries with a chocolate jello snack pack! YUMMY and really gets me through the rough times!
  • calumgray1
    Options
    AHEM!

'Biologists in Sweden will furnish conclusive evidence that men have
    "periods" analogous to a woman's menstrual cycle. They seem to
    correspond to changes in the relationship between Earth and the planet
    Mars, the biologists will claim. At the peak of the male "marstral cycle,"
    which can last up to 10 days a month, the adrenal glands release a
    hormone which make men more likely to be irritable, more skilled at
    disguising their irrational impulses with logical explanations, out of touch
    with their feelings, and prone to violence and poor judgment. There's also
    a vulnerable phase preceding the period, which the biologists will dub
    PMS, or Pathological Macho Stress.''

;)
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I haven't EATEN anything bad, but my MOOD has been so very foul the past couple of days. Bouncing back and forth between wanting to tear my hair or, or burst into tears.

I find that St. John's Wort and Valerian root help a lot -- just don't take St. John's Wort if you already take an antidepressant or are on the pill.
    you don't have to appologize to me! I bore the brunt of it for years with the wife! :tongue:

(she's on BC now so she's not nearly so crazy any more)

I had the opposite reaction to the pill (but didn't realize it for 8 years... :ohwell: ) I'm less crazy now that I'm OFF the BC. Your wife is one of the lucky ones. :smile:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Why are you apologizing, we agree.
  • calumgray1
    Options
    Why are you apologizing, we agree.

QOTD
  • hig17
    hig17 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I will be in this boat this week and I am worried since it will be first PMS since I started my diet. Usually at that time of the month I eat everything in SIGHT for well over a week! Please God give me strength!

Any more suggestions on how to curb the PMS evil eating LOL???
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    Jello sugar free pudding gets me through (so does the slim-a-bear 100 cal klondike icecream sandwich)
    And I also do the vanilla yogurt (Stonyfield farms fat free french vanilla yogurt), 1 cup strawberries, and 1/4 cup chocolate delite granola. Yummy!

But I totally agree with you...not fair!