Busy Dad looking for support.

Options
Just can't seem to get those last 10 lbs off? Trying to balance work, family, and life in general. Anyone else in the same boat? Am looking to expand my support group and share some struggles and goals.:smile:

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    "If you talk the talk, you need to walk the walk..
  • psposey
    psposey Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Am I missing something?
  • NICOLED73
    NICOLED73 Posts: 183
    Options
    I'm not sure what that comment meant either.
    I'm a busy single mom. I do the best I can. If it's important to you, you'll do it. :)
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Maybe he wants you to walk more? Ehhh, huh? Ha-ha.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    its your quote in your profile
  • PatasDeGallina
    PatasDeGallina Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a mom to a wonderful 7 year old boy. My husband and I are both members of this site. His name is UUZennie.

I'm in college and I work part-time here at school. I volunteer as the assistant coach on my son's soccer team. My husband is very active in our church on the Welcome Team and facilitating a weekly sermon discussion group.

Life can be quite busy. Luckily we have a good support group of friends and family to help us, and this site has been great for staying on track and motivated.

The important aspects are to try and log everything you eat every day and to move. Beyond that you create the program as it fits your lifestyle. Feel free to add us. :happy:

Welcome to the journey!
  • rbear713
    rbear713 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    ...up at 5. gym by 630. work by 9. kids to karate by 6. home about 730p. dinner, homework, baths, bed for them. Get the kids lunches, clothes, etc ready for tomorrow. feed the dogs, take out the garbage, do the laundry, do the dishes, etc etc etc. Bed by 12:30 or 1.
    repeat until dead...

does that qualify? I'm also down to my last 10 - 15lbs left to lose...

Busy? who's busy? not me - life is a cakewalk, right?

feel free to send over a friend request - looks like we're in about the same boat, and I could use all the support I can get too!!
  • gentsevetzak
    gentsevetzak Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Make that 20 pounds, they just won't leave.
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    Just can't seem to get those last 10 lbs off? Trying to balance work, family, and life in general. Anyone else in the same boat? Am looking to expand my support group and share some struggles and goals.:smile:

Feel free to add me if you'd like. We can all use support and motivation along the way. Good luck!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I'm the husband of one and the father of two...feel free to add me!
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    ...up at 5. gym by 630. work by 9. kids to karate by 6. home about 730p. dinner, homework, baths, bed for them. Get the kids lunches, clothes, etc ready for tomorrow. feed the dogs, take out the garbage, do the laundry, do the dishes, etc etc etc. Bed by 12:30 or 1.
    repeat until dead...

feel free to send over a friend request - looks like we're in about the same boat, and I could use all the support I can get too!!

Busy! Wow! Makes me tired just reading that haha
  • Ljcrace
    Ljcrace Posts: 2
    Options
    Try 30min. cardio 4 day a week. Watch the salt I try to stay at no more than 1500mg. Best of luck.
    Joe C
  • hooligansmom
    hooligansmom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm the husband of one and the father of two...feel free to add me!

Probably better than the other way around...

It seems like when we get more active, the time melts away as the pounds melt away!
  • jhunn123
    jhunn123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options

I'm not a single father, but I do have two wonderful little girls, ages 2 and 4. I do p90x and cardio, as well as spend a lot of time playing with the kids in the evening (trying to sap some of their energy before bed) which helps me to burn even more calories and still have fun. Feel free to friend me if you'd like!
  • psposey
    psposey Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My quote means that I need to set an example for my family - can not expect them to loose weight and pursue a healthier unless I set the example.
  • JPLYLER09
    JPLYLER09 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    repeat until dead...

Sounds like my life lol