Keep Moving Forward!!!

Options
“Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”
Will Rogers

You know there are days when the thought of eating the right foods and exercising seem drab. Yep, you know we all feel it. We can find a million excuses NOT to do it... But let me ask you something. Are you worth it? When you stand in the mirror and don't like what you see or pass someone whose in great shape and do the double take...how do you feel? I ask you again, are you worth it? Is it worth eating healthy, getting fit, and giving it your all?
See I can't answer those questions for you, but you can. You got to want CHANGE. Even when, you feel like giving up, go to that mirror and see if you can look yourself eye to eye and say I am DONE!!! Yep, you can toss out the healthy food, everything you have learned about nutrition and exercise. You can call your local pizza delivery service and start gorging on pure crap. That's right, nobody can tell you what to do. Besides who will know if you keep eating junk food and be lazy, I will tell you who... you will and you will be the one that has to pay the price.
Just as the group I started is called It Ain't Over Til It's Over.... you got a fighting chance for change. Look in that mirror...are you happy with what you see...then that is GREAT!! Maybe you have reached your goals and that is FANTASTIC!!! But if you are looking and the image looking back at you is taunting you...then remember two things.... eat right and stay active.
You will see a million books and magazines boasting diets and pills that will shred fat fast!!! It is easy to get caught up in the craze...but three things will get you the goals you are looking for... 1. Mental- you got to want it. Just like any prize fighter or competitor in sports..you have got to mentally want it bad enough to go after your goals. 2. Eat clean- get rid of the refined sugars and processed foods, especially the junk food... it does nothing but destroy your body. 3. Stay active- it doesn't matter if you go to a gym, chop and stack wood, take a walk, ride a bike...just stay active. Record your tv shows and watch them when its time to rest.
If you have a desk job...find a place to walk in place, even jog in place for a little bit. There are so many exercises you can do even watching tv. Squats, lunges, pushups, crunches...everything you do will help you get closer to your goal.
So the next time hot wings, pizza, beer, and other obstacles stand in your way...remember the person in the mirror and ask yourself...is that who I want to be or am I serious about the person I am going to be. Sacrifice is tough, but worth it. Keep a clear head with a focus on your goals. Keep moving forward and be victorious when your hand is raised in victory.
Couple of things I did want to say as well....set little goals for yourself and journal your experiences. Each time you reach a goal, start another...eventually you will exceed your wildest dreams. I know you can do it and I am in your corner!!
Keep moving forward!!! YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!
Warrior63

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.”
Herm Albright

Replies

• Leola2011
    Leola2011 Posts: 192
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation. Here a little, there a little.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    This is good stuff, And you are right, You have to want it before you can earn it......
  • JEABH
    JEABH Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    How do I bookmark this message. It will be much needed want temptation shows its ugly head. Thanks!
  • Helen_Luvnlife
    Helen_Luvnlife Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    What a great post! I too need to bookmark it and read when I'm running on low. You are so right. I used to have a terrible critic. She thought I was lazy and disgusting and incapable of change. That person reminded me how terrible I looked every time I looked in the mirror. That person of course was me. I had to want to change bad enough to ignore all my negative thoughts. Now I have to answer to myself when I ask if I am progressing or just sitting still. But I have now become my biggest cheerleader.