Options
124»

Replies

• 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    <-- turned 41 last month.
    Reached my weight goal two weeks ago.
    Working on macros and strength training.. And maintaining,of course.

I am doing Bodyweight with small dumbbells, but plan on bumping up my weight lifting next month.
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Feel like I am a teen again, but with the wisdom that comes with being 42. Every day is a new adventure on this weight lost ( I meant lost, not loss) journey! Some good some bad. I stay here because I love these great people of MFP!!! Being on MFP helps keep me accountable for exercise and food logging!
  • macaya5
    macaya5 Posts: 75
    Options
    I turned 44 last December and have been on MFP for 4 mos. I'm making a lifestyle change here and looking to lose up to 80lbs this year. I'm doing it by eating less or non-processed food, portioning my food and exercising like a mofo. Endorphins are my friends.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Turning 46 tomorrow (1/23) and am definitely rocking it! Turned 45 at 265lbs, today finally hit onderland at 198lbs, my birthday goal. I'm on week 6 of Turbo Fire, but I started this journey with my girl, Jillian Michaels. I still keep her in my rotation on my "rest" days.
  • forwesgar13
    forwesgar13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Turned 40 two weeks ago and that was my goal to rock my 40's ... doing p 90x and what ever floats my boat
  • SuziScott
    Options
    Wow! So many of us! How awesome! Sorry I haven't been around much the last few days. I am moving on February 1st and trying to get packed! Ugh! That is a workout in itself! Hope everyone is doing great :)
  • calimoma
    Options
    Hey all! i turned 40 in september and i have to say i was totally bummed. made a goal to have lost at least 20 lbs by the time i hit 40 and with my weakness it didnt happen. i kept putting it off and off. roller coaster weeks bla bla bla. i recently am trying again. watched the film fat, sick and nearly dead and it inspired me to yet try again! i started sunday and after only 4 days back on track, i feel great! juciing 2-3 times a day with a healthy dinner...have more energy than ever since i quit drinking the wine so much!! I could use some new friends for encouragement!!!! especially those my age who "get it"!!! LOL Happy losing!!
  • diggswood
    diggswood Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 and gave myself a great gift - I lost about 30 pounds. I have about 10 more to go. I spin, run and lift weights. I also track eating using MFP's great tool.

I feel great and I hope to reach my goal by summer.
  • suzy1220
    suzy1220 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I turned 43 in December and committed to losing weight on Jan. 3rd, when the kids went back to school. I have been faithful in my exercising, mostly cardio and weights at the gym but also some yoga and tennis on nicer days. I've cut my portions way back and am trying to stay away from more processed foods, except for the Lean Cuisine pizza's, which I am addicted to.

I have found MFP to be completely addicting and so helpful to me these last 3 weeks. I love the people, the accountability and the ease of tracking my food and exercise. I really feel like this time I will truly succeed and be down at least 50lbs by the end of the year. Hopefully more but I'd take 50!

If you decided to start this as a Group rather than a message board post, please add me!
  • jbr121
    jbr121 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 in July. I've been losing weight for a few years now and so far have dropped 42lbs, just the last few to go now. I lost most of it dieting, but I've just started back on the exercise this year. Early days, but I want to get back to Muay Thai - I used to fight for my local club when I was in my late 20s/early 30s. My days in the ring are over, but I want to go back and train once my cardio is better - I loved it, miss it and it was the best workout ever. So yeah, I'm still (trying to) rock it!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    Just turned 49 and looking forward to this year since I'm a 49er fan!!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • JoQuinn523
    JoQuinn523 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am 46 and want to drop 5lbs a month by the end of the year I will be down 60- I love dressing nice and looking my best but carrying extra weight makes it hard to feel your best. 2013 is my year!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mawmawandlovingit
    mawmawandlovingit Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    47 here and really pumped up about getting my sexy back! Feel free to add me, I could use lots of support!
  • ahansonmpls
    Options
    Hi I turned 45 in July - 3 months after giving birth to my only child. Rocking it as much as one can with sleep deprivation! :)
  • slinkycat1729
    slinkycat1729 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hiya, i was also 40 last July! (29th). I don't have loads of weight to lose, just about 10 lbs. But I have good and bad days. I have a few personal problems that are going on at the moment, so the temptation to comfort eat has been frequent lately. I have a relatively good diet through the day then it gets to night-time and I eat too many snacks. Its just trying to find a decent balance, I have sent you a friend request if you need anyone x
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I will be 43 in April. i have a good chunk to lose. I feel pretty darn good being this heavy so you know i am going to feel fantastic down the road as i lose and get more fit. Feel free to add me any of you :)
  • NVREST
    NVREST Posts: 94
    Options
    Just 40 for a while...
  • SuziScott
    Options
    Starting the Combat program all over tomorrow! I decided to make a group page because we have so many here that want to connect! here is the group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/11677-40-and-over-and-rocking-it