68 pounds down in 5 months

Options
cdpark617
cdpark617 Posts: 316 Member
My story is very similar to many. I have struggled to find a way to get my weight under control. Last time I was in my 170s I was a high school senior and very active. Over the next 20 years life took control. Desk Job, family, stress, … You name it I had that excuse.

This past August I watched this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448 --- Never, Ever Give Up. Arthur's Inspirational Transformation!

and though to myself if this guy can make such a change, what is my excuse. Then after not seeing my father for 4 months I saw him the following weekend and he had lost nearly 50# and looked so much healthier. He attributed it to a half hour walk a day and eating better. At this point my mind was set, if these 2 older guys can change their way, I had no excuse.

I friend told me about MFP and here I am 5 months later and 68# lighter!

B4Aft_zpsdbb911dd.jpg

Thanks MFP and all the support our community provides. I have maybe another 15#-20# to go until I really want to start toning.

Replies

• mk_hammer
    mk_hammer Posts: 105
    Options
    Wow, you look great! Awesome job. :smile:
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You're looking great!
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! GREAT JOB!
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Good job. Losing 68 makes you look so much younger too. Way to go.
  • Shook765
    Shook765 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Awesome job and handsome too!
  • summertime0302
    summertime0302 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS on the new you! You look great!
  • Tall_E
    Tall_E Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Our minds are truly the most powerful part of us... Congratulations on your determination and your success! I'll bet everyone who knows you is impressed. You look great and I'll bet you feel even better.
  • cdpark617
    cdpark617 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I agree the mind is the biggest huddle as well as the greatest advantage we have!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!