Does any one log vitamins in their food diary?

Options
I take a multi-vitamin as well as extra Vita-C and zinc daily, should I be entering these in my daily food log?

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Some people do, some people don't. That's up to you.
  • blueboxblues
    blueboxblues Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I just write a note in my food diary which vitamins I took that day.
  • TheNEWMonicaB
    TheNEWMonicaB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I do... I take a multi-vitamin, raspberry ketones, Omega-3/DHA, and a probiotic and I log them all. The Omega-3/Fish oils actually have 18 calories per dose. :)
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I do. I like logging everything.
  • jaebennetti
    jaebennetti Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I often forget to take my vitamins so I think for me it is a good idea to do this. I guess it depends on the person.
  • jonchew
    jonchew Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much a calories-in/calories-out kind-of-guy, logging vitamins & minerals is a bit... "granular" for me. I do (sometimes) wonder about the calories in my vitamin E, A&D and fish oil, however.
  • danah515
    danah515 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Calorie wise there is no point but I do because it is a reminder to take my vitamin. I usually take it on weekdays but always forget on the weekends. It just helps me remember.
  • Mandi1968
    Mandi1968 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I do, because on my phone ap I can track daily allowances of vitamins too...without my supplemental vitamins I am always short on calcium, at age 45 I feel compelled to make sure I am not loosing this....
  • KitKB
    KitKB Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I used to not... but this is a great idea (so that I can remember to take it!). I think I will from now on...
  • berthabunny
    berthabunny Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I just started logging vitamins because I would forget to take them, also, it's nice not to have it show that you don't get enough of a certain type.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I log everything including supplements. Some have calories so you have to account for them. Fish Oil is 10 calories per pill, so is glucosamine. Multi and C are 0 but still good to log so you know how much you are getting daily. :-)
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I do, but it's because my vitamin has 10 calories in it as well.
  • CaseyLynn07
    Options
    I think you should. Anything you take in needs to be logged. I used to log in my iron pill and prenatal.
  • jkenny14
    jkenny14 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just started take fish oil, 4grams/day. I was thinking this exact same thing...should I include as caloric intake or not???
  • demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I do bc my fish oil is 50cal per tablet.
  • Lynn_babcock
    Lynn_babcock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I bust up my ankle this Summer, possibly from a lack of calcium.. possibly from too much weight when I fell on it. I know when I started MFP I wasn't eating enough iron and calcium. As a woman I think it's very important to keep track of those 2 (the others all tend to fall into place if you're eating plenty of vegetables). So yes, I log them. I don't take them everyday either. My iron supplement is 100% of daily need and the calcium is 60% of daily so I only take one once I'm 1/2 way to being that short.
  • Lexi507
    Lexi507 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I added a Supplement category to my Meals list so I can easily see what days I forgot to take something.
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the info.
    I wasn't concerned so much with the amount of calories because they don't have any but notice on my app sometimes I'm not getting 100% of my vitamins.

ALSO it would be a GREAT way to remember to take them each day :smile: cause I do forget. :embarassed:

And I may look into adding a few more vitamins after seeing what others take.
  • jimed43
    jimed43 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I do, as some of the supplements have calories.