Official Announcement!

Options
OK I do have a very special official announcement, but first I wanted to share this song with you...

Little girl fourteen flipping through a magazine
Says she wants to look that way
But her hair isn't straight her body isn't fake
And she's always felt overweight

Well little girl fourteen I wish that you could see
That beauty is within your heart
And you were made with such care your skin your body and your hair
Are perfect just the way they are

[Chorus]
There could never be a more beautiful you
Don't buy the lies disguises and hoops they make you jump through
You were made to fill a purpose that only you could do
So there could never be a more beautiful you

Little girl twenty-one the things that you've already done
Anything to get ahead
And you say you've got a man but he's got another plan
Only wants what you will do instead

Well little girl twenty-one you never thought that this would come
You starve yourself to play the part
But I can promise you there's a man whose love is true
And he'll treat you like the jewel you are

[chorus]

So turn around you're not too far
To back away be who you are
To change your path go another way
It's not too late you can be saved
If you feel depressed with past regrets
The shameful nights hope to forget
Can disappear they can all be washed away
By the one who's strong can right your wrongs
Can rid your fears dry all your tears
And change the way you look at this big world
He will take your dark distorted view
And with His light He will show you truth
And again you'll see through the eyes of a little girl
[chorus]

This song just echoes something I have said before.. You are all doing so well. You are all amazingly beautiful. I look at you and see a perfect child of God. I am so happy that your working hard to get healthier, but if you never lost a pound you would still be the prettiest, sweetest, sexiest, most adorable person I ever met. God has blessed us all by you being you. I am so thankful for you just being you. I know your going to meet all your dreams, but best of all your going to stay true to who God made you to be. That's priceless.

Now for my official special announcement... From this point forward Fridays are "Make Love Friday". Now making love isn't necessarily a physical act. You can make love to your spouse by just holding them close and kissing them like the first time you met them. Or you could do the dishes for them, make their fave meal, rub their back, etc. Just do some loving and kind gesture. Of course I am sure no spouse will complain if you want to spend the evening making physical love to them :wink: :wink: :wink: lol. Just show the one you love that you still love them so very much. That's what "Make Love Fridays" will be all about.

I love you my darling friends. God bless you all.
Ed

Replies

• Pariah
    Pariah Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    ed, thank you. my husband and i have been having some issues in the love department. so i think i will put this into action.
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Thanks I will surprise my hubby with the physical act!
  • Killeen_bride2be
    Options
    I am defienitly think of a way to surprise my FI and celebrate 'Make love day" :wink: :blushing:
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    I so hope i am responsible for a bunch of babies being born! :smile:
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    My act of making love to my husband, is telling him that no, we don't have plans, and he can go spend the evening out with the guys if he'd like to, rather than making him stay home and watch chick flicks. *snicker*

He's stoked about some card tournament tonight.
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Yeah we do loving things for each other in my house each and every day :flowerforyou:
    We find when we do nice things for others the kindess spreads.
  • Pariah
    Pariah Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Send the baby dust elsewhere Ed. I've already got one that I love, but I'm not interested in another.

oh wait, I'm safe. A crucial part of the equation is currently unavailable for such tasks.
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options

This is priceless! :laugh: :happy:

And I LOVE this idea! I think I'm going to surprise the hubby with a nice back rub tonight. He's been working SO hard, finishing up his last semester of law school, getting ready to study for/take the bar exam in July... he deserves some lovin'! :blushing: :bigsmile:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea. I think I will take care of our DD tonight so hubby doesn't have to. Usually he gets home from work & goes to his other job-- full time dad. I'm really tired, but it's something small I can do. He can take care of her the rest of the weekend as usual.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Haha - ooopss... started early...
    Ed - keep your baby dust... my son is 12 and I don't think I'm prepared to go through the baby thing again... or t-ball, elementary school... nope.. keep the baby dust.

Great reminder though to love your spouse and do something sweet for them. I think it's also important to find the love in the everyday things... did your husband take out the trash? Earn a paycheck? Help clean up? Pick up milk? Those are all simple ways that my husband tells me he loves me every day... I don't wait for the flowers, the candy, the sweet words... it's the real life application of his love that means so much!
  • igmom
    igmom Posts: 90
    Options
    I don't have a spouse or bf. So I will show some good friends some love by doing happy hour with them, and then I'll go home and hug and kiss my dogs.
  • 2daughtermom
    Options
    I don't have a spouse or bf. So I will show some good friends some love by doing happy hour with them, and then I'll go home and hug and kiss my dogs.

I don't have a significant other either, so when my daughter finally comes home, I will do something special with her.
  • cathcakey
    cathcakey Posts: 288 Member
    Options

Hehe, it would be a KnightOfGod baby-boom & they would all have to be named Ed!!
  • healthycat31
    Options
    I like the song Ed and the announcement. You are V. talented :-D