Is it true? Belly is the last place to go???

Options
Hello,

I have noticed that I am losing weight and the scale says it too BUT I still have a jelly belly coming out over my jeans? I only have 7lbs to go to get to my goal weight (that is if my scale is right - it's a dial scale) So is 7lbs really gonna make a big difference gone from my belly? There's some nice muscle under there but there is a thick layer of fat in a small patch covering and around my bellybutton. It's like an oval shaped area with the belly button smack dab in the middle. I wan't it gone once I lose 7 more lbs. SOmeone please promise me that it will be gone!

PS- If you view my diary today it was a bad day, 1 out of 7 days are bad = no so bad. 6 good days out of 7 equals awesome, right?

Replies

• crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Honestly, we all lose an have the wight on our bodies differently. Personally, my belly fat it the first to go.

So it depends on how you are naturally shaped a lot of the time.
  • AnniePenny
    AnniePenny Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    yea i also think it depends and it's different for every person.. In my case, as soon as i dropped the coca cola and got on with the veggies and water my stomach flatted tremendously.. sure the abs are still covered by a layer of fat but at least it doesn't look like a beer belly anymore.. now the HIPS! OMG the hips!! I lose inches everywhere but there (must be the latin genes) so I'm guessing in my case that will be the last thing to go.. So.. don't lose hope :P I'm sure it'll be gone, hopefully sooner rather than later
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I think it depends. When I was younger, the first thing to go was my belly. The older I have gotten, the later it has taken for it to go. Now I do expect it will be the last thing to go. But I am not worried...its shrinking proportionally with the rest of me so I can be patient.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    yep. it was true for me. started in july and didnt see the belly start to go until about 2 months ago.
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    My belly is always the first to go. Wish it was my face! Well, not like my entire face, just the extra stuff.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Genetics will dictate what is last to go.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    It's different for everyone... females however tend to lose last from the belly area.

Since you are so close to goal why not up your calories to almost maintance and lift heavy weights? Lifting heavy weights will change your body shape now a lot more than losing 7lbs and cardio will.
  • tismyhardbody
    tismyhardbody Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Nobody will have the exact same success as you will.. Just keep trying and it will happen!
  • punkin66
    Options
    Have your body fat % done. You may still have the belly even after the 7lbs. Your goal percentage depends on age & gender. You may just have to change your workout a bit!! Awesome job !!
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    It might be different for you but I have found that when I gain, I first gain "love handles", then my butt, then my belly. I have also found that when I lose, it comes off in reverse order.
  • BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear so my belly tends to go away first (along with waist, face, boobs, and arms). It's my hips that take the longest to go...
  • itstimetoeat
    itstimetoeat Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat and super far from my goal weight though! =/

Keep doing it until the day you die. die trying! That's what I'm doing.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I just wanna keep doing what Im doing. Eating 1500 cal. Cardio 2-3 times a week. Heavy weights twice a week and light weights once a week. It should work! All I've ever done before is eat less and do cardio w/light weights and it worked! So this time Im throwing in the heavy weights twice a week. Something should happen - something good!
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    everyone is different
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    As everyone said, it depends on where your body stores the most fat. I'm a pear shape, so for me, the butt is the last thing to go, and my belly decreases like crazy. I end up needing a belt even though my jeans are still stretched over my butt, and my shirts end up huge because I can't buy smaller ones until my butt goes down.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    my belly is the last to go too, and im only 3lbs from my goal, but i figured the more fat I lose andd muscle I gain the better it will look even if I weigh the same
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    Honestly, we all lose an have the wight on our bodies differently. Personally, my belly fat it the first to go.

So it depends on how you are naturally shaped a lot of the time.

Yep, me too, been trying to get rid of my tits for years... i did get some abs tho lol