Pregnancy 2010 - Week 17

Options
jalara
jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
Hello everyone!

For those of you just finding us, this is a group that is trying to be healthier and/or lose weight while:

a) wanting to drop some weight before TTC
b) TTC
c) Pregnant

Wednesdays are our days to weigh in, and we have started having weekly challenges. This week your challenge is to try a new, clean eating recipe! Something that is made from real food, good for you, and packs a mean nutritional punch. Not to mention low in calories! So feel free to share ides, recipes, and ofcourse, lean on each other when we need to!

Here is the link to last week: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/91361-pregnancy-2010-week-15

Welcome!

Replies

• jalara
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I'm done 1 lb since last week. At one point a couple of days ago I was down 3, but I think my body was exaggerating that morning! LOL Also PMSIng, but I have something good to report.

If any of you saw my post yesterday about me wanting chocolate, I resisted! I was so pleased with myself. Down side is I ended up eating pizza and chocolate milk last night (post-exam celebration), but I'm okay with that because I resisted chocolate in a situation that is very tough for me (emotional eating).

I look forward to seeing all the new recipes and clean eating ideas this week! And welcome to all the newcomers!
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Well, the scale says I gained 3.5 lbs in 2 days!!! I think/hope this has to do with my TOM. I think I will wait unitl TOM is over, and then see if I made any progress!
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm up 1 lb this week which is what my doc said would be normal from this point on. I thought it would have been more since I had a sugar craving this past weekend.

Must have been all my crazy Zumba moves that busted those calories away :laugh:
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    LW 194.4 CW 195.9 Gain 1.5, not really that bad since I ate everything in site this past weekend. I think it's helped me get back on track since I felt like poop on Sunday and Monday. Lets just say there were 4 donuts, a big bite hot dog fro 7 eleven, among other foods involved :laugh:

I was reading about the unsolicited advice you girls have received. Wait until you actually have the baby. I produced no milk and would get comments from people as I made my daughter a bottle with formula. My daughter didn't craw until she was 11 months and didn't walk until she was 16 months and when people would ask if she was walking and I'd say not yet they would give me this look like something was wrong with my daughter. Every body has their 2 cents...i guess I do too though :laugh: although not to complete strangers. There's a lady at WW who has her kid in the carrier car seats still and she just turned one. You're supposed to move them to a convertible car seat when their feet hit the end of the carrier but I don't know if I should say something to her or not. It's really none of my business, but that's a child's life it's effecting, if she got in an accident. The babies grandma brought her to the meeting one time and had her buckled in wrong (the strap wasn't tight enough ad the front clasp wasn't at armpit high, it was down by her belly) and I said something about how it should be as tight as a dogs collar, so a finger can fit behind and the clasp should be at armpit hight, and she said, "she needs to be in a completely different car seat" and walked off.

Amanda - Sorry for the gain, it's been a rough week for a couple of us it seems.

Jalara - I'm proud of you for not caving in at the moment, that's HUGE. Great work!!!!

my hubby, daughter and I are going to go to Target today and buy my daughter a sheet set for her big girl bed. My baby is all grown up now and doesn't want to sleep in her crib any more :sad: have a great day!
  • tahmed
    Options
    I just walked 2.5 miles at lunch time!!! It only took me 40 minutes, and I am so VERY proud of myself.

I am still planning to go the the gym tonight too!

So.....I am 2 days late. I am always exactly 28 days. I am at day 30...and nothing. We had an "oops" 4 days into my cycle. We want to have kids soon, but not quite yet. I am a bit nervous and not sure what to think. :frown:
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    Hey good morning ladies! I have to say that I am really :flowerforyou: about the new challenge wish I didn't have class Saturday so I could go to the farmers market and find some in season veggies to make some yummy clean food. Okay so weigh in was yesterday and I had a paper so I got on the scale this morning instead CW 164 GW 150. I finally lost the 2 lb gain I had gained at Easter it sure takes a lot of effort to get it back off. As far as TTC I am late like 2 days and I am fairly regular 21 day cycle so I don't want to jump the gun and go out and buy a HPT but I think I might me pregnant. I will wait a week so next Tuesday to see and then go out and buy a test. I am really excited and hopeful. Have a great week everyone.
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Well after spending the weekend at my mother-in-law's (who does not support me loosing weight) I gained 2-3 lbs over a week. But weighed in this mornig and.... LW 157.4 CW 156.0 GW#1 149. Let's hope it keeps going down. I am going back to MIL's house this weekend and will have to try extra hard not to accept all the food she thows my way without hurting her feelings....

Still waiting for my body to get back on track after stopping depo, nothing yet. I have no idea how long its going to take to get my cycle back and its killing me not to know. I hate waiting...

Have a good week ladies!!!
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Ultrasound at 5pm ... get to see my little man again YAY!
  • kiffypooh
    Options

How exciting! How did it go?
  • tahmed
    Options
    Its funny how two months can/will change everything. I got my period today, and I feel very thankful. Two months from now, if I get it....I will be dissapointed!

Here is discussion topic: For thoes of you who work, what is your maternity leave policy? How many weeks off do you get, and what % of pay do you get?
  • kiffypooh
    Options
    Its funny how two months can/will change everything. I got my period today, and I feel very thankful. Two months from now, if I get it....I will be dissapointed!

Here is discussion topic: For thoes of you who work, what is your maternity leave policy? How many weeks off do you get, and what % of pay do you get?

I'm not working but in California the state pays you disability. I got a little more then 1/2 my pay and you get 4 weeks before your due date and 6 weeks after (8 if you have a c-section) and then both parents get "bonding" time which is 6 weeks that can be used in the first year of the child's life. What a rough life we live here in cali :laugh: My hubby works for Trader Joe's and they paid the difference he got from disability for the "bonding" time.
  • jalara
    Options

Here in Canada we get Unemployment Benefits for 1 year. It starts either the day you have th baby, or the day you choose to leave work (if you are put off work early for medical reasons you get sick leave benefits until you give birth). Normally the employer tops up the benefits for thefirst 6 weeks after delivery so that you are getting 100% of your regular income. Unemployment benefits are (I think) 60% of what you normally make (not sure how all the calculations work out). We have it pretty good here!
  • 00Angela00
    Options

I get 6 weeks after vaginal birth, or 8 weeks paid at 60%. I can take an additional 6 weeks off unpaid, and then another 6 weeks off, but wouldn't get benefits for the additional 6 weeks. I'm planning on taking the 12 weeks.
  • 00Angela00
    Options

They found a white spot next to the babies stomach which is irregular. They recommend me come back every few weeks to monitor it. I'm seeing my doc on Monday and hopefully will get more info. Otherwise he measures good, heart rate is great and he was squiggling around for me. Gave us a thumbs up, etc haha
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    I'm 150 lbs. and only 18 weeks! I'm starting to worry that i might gain too much weight during my pregnancy. I went ot zumba last night and felt great afterwards, but is that enough?Also, I'm always hungry.... any advice
  • kiffypooh
    Options

Here in Canada we get Unemployment Benefits for 1 year. It starts either the day you have th baby, or the day you choose to leave work (if you are put off work early for medical reasons you get sick leave benefits until you give birth). Normally the employer tops up the benefits for thefirst 6 weeks after delivery so that you are getting 100% of your regular income. Unemployment benefits are (I think) 60% of what you normally make (not sure how all the calculations work out). We have it pretty good here!

Wow, I want to move there. I love Canada any ways, just one more reason to move :laugh: My SIL's cousin lives in Germany and I think she said they get a year off or two with full pay.
  • kiffypooh
    Options

They found a white spot next to the babies stomach which is irregular. They recommend me come back every few weeks to monitor it. I'm seeing my doc on Monday and hopefully will get more info. Otherwise he measures good, heart rate is great and he was squiggling around for me. Gave us a thumbs up, etc haha

Don't you love weekend waits? So they don't know what it can be? Let us know how Monday goes. I'm glad everything else is looking good. Cute he gave you thumbs up, too cute!
  • kiffypooh
    Options
    I'm 150 lbs. and only 18 weeks! I'm starting to worry that i might gain too much weight during my pregnancy. I went ot zumba last night and felt great afterwards, but is that enough?Also, I'm always hungry.... any advice

That's how I was this last time and I ate a lot of cheese, almonds, yogurt, just really good protein foods. I would eat until I was satisfied and then would stop and eat again when i started to get hungry again. I ate a lot of really small meals because I didn't want to go too crazy. When I was pregnant with my daughter I gained 19 lbs in 5 weeks because I went crazy and didn't want to do that again.
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hey guys sorry haven't been here in awhile glad everyone is doing so great!!

I NEED HELP!! I'm only 7 weeks and have gained 7lbs sad thing is I'm not even going over calories and actually most the time under I'm so freaking out since I've already gained half of what i should gain for the entire pregnancy and I dont see my dr for 2 weeks! I'm so freaking out I know i just need to keep doing what i'm doing but Its so hard I see the last 2 years of hard work (lost 50lbs) slipping away LOL

SOrry to whine just need someone to help me because everyone else keeps saying "well your pregant" okay I realize that but I shouldn't gain 7lbs in 2 weeks LOL
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options

How much have you gained total since being preggers?

I'm 23 weeks and I'm up 13 lbs. Doc said that was normal, but all the websites I check tell me I'm 3-4 lbs over what I should be. I feel great and I'm staying active and "trying" to stay away from junk. When I was 18 weeks I went down a pound and then held steady for a few weeks. Then I gained around 2.5 in a week! So it really varies. Just make sure to keep active if you still feel fine and limit the amount of bad foods you eat. I'm a fruit lover, so I keep alot of it my house. Plus, I love a sweet treat every once in a while.....so I have a large supply of sugar free popsicles in my freezer. I go for those instead of cookies or chips.

If you're doing well with Zumba - stick to it. I do Zumba twice a week, try to get a walk in once and week and do a aerobics class - 2 times a week. On average I do about 3 classes a week. But I was SUPER active before hand, so that's normal for me.

Don't worry about the weight! Everyone is different, just do what is best for you and your kiddo :)