Pray for this OIL CRISIS

Options
coold
coold Posts: 85
Many people do not realize the impact this Oil Slick is going to have almost immediately, not only here in Louisiana, but the entire Gulf Coast may not be the same, NOR fully recover from this tragedy in our life times. PLEASE PRAY for a MIRACLE and a VERY quick stop to the leaks and that they will somehow contain the Oil before it all devastates and totally destroys wetlands, ecosystems, etc.

God is a BIG God and if He can part the Red Sea, he can command this oil to STOP!

Replies

• Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Well said.
  • Beach_Chica
    Beach_Chica Posts: 111
    Options
    It will be a tragic situation if there isn't anything that can be done.
    God is capable of doing anything He wants. Whether He will is a whole different situation.
  • Aurora22
    Aurora22 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    People all over the country are sympathizing with you all. I live in the San Francisco bay area and we have our share of oil spills recently, although ours were not nearly as large as yours. my boyfriend spent days and days catching oiled birds to clean them up, and I am sure people will step up and make sure the damage is an minimal as possible. hopefully this accident will result in better policies around off shore drilling so that this never happens again.
  • coold
    Options
    Thanks! It is hard to imagine oil covered beaches, entire populations of shrimp/oyster/crab populations wiped out...not to mention how many hundreds if not thousands will lose their jobs in the industry.

Thanks for the thoughts and pray that the focus is on fixing the problem, stopping it from hitting the shores, and that energy is put on figuring out "The cause" until after the immediate dangers are under control.:indifferent: :ohwell:
  • mellers1313
    mellers1313 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I seen it here (Ireland) on the news awhile ago....
    its awful x
  • coold
    Options
    I seen it here (Ireland) on the news awhile ago....
    its awful x
    wow. Thanks! I'm glad to see it is getting global recognition.
  • mellers1313
    mellers1313 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    a much loved radio and TV personality of ours passed away today, and so after the news of Gerry Ryans passing, they showed the news of the Oil situ.

Xx
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    ... such very tragic news. I am hoping for the best possible outcome and recovery.
  • coold
    Options
    Thanks, Kimberly....

It is soooo sad to think that 4000 species of aquatic wildlife could be wiped out soon. :-(
  • coold
    Options
    :ohwell: 11.gif
  • coold
    Options
    Praying for a miracle to get this contained and that they STOP the leaks.......Praying it doesn't reach the Marshlands here in Louisiana, nor the beaches on the Gulf Coast.
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    i'm with you!! i live in michigan but ive seen it on the news. i think its total BS!!! an oil spill shouldnt even be possible. they should be able to do something so things like this dont happen. i remember the spill near alaska, think it was exxon or something. it was a long time ago. i just think its stupid because theres so much life in the water, just because theyre not human doesnt mean that its ok. i hope it doesnt turn out to be a huge disaster and ruin the coast down there.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    i'm with you!! i live in michigan but ive seen it on the news. i think its total BS!!! an oil spill shouldnt even be possible. they should be able to do something so things like this dont happen. i remember the spill near alaska, think it was exxon or something. it was a long time ago. i just think its stupid because theres so much life in the water, just because theyre not human doesnt mean that its ok. i hope it doesnt turn out to be a huge disaster and ruin the coast down there.

The spill in Alaska you are referring to was due to an Exxon tanker, the Exxon Valdez, running aground. There was negligence on the part of those in charge and the result was a huge amount of crude oil spilled into Prince William Sound. It was lifechanging for the wildlife and the habitat and those who lived in the vicinity.

I, too, am praying that the oil slick resulting from the recent indicent will not reach the coastline. The Gulf Coast has already been through enough adversity.
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    It is so awful...its one of the reoccuring headlines here in the UK...I heard about an hour ago that the container sent to try and ease the slick had been set back in it's progress due to ice =(

I am thinking and hoping that this gets sorted with minimal damage!

It is so unfortunate that the sole thing this world revolves has caused such damage...wars and now this =(
  • Mom2Emery_Liam
    Options
    I hope they get a handle on it SOON! The entire gulf coast is dear to my heart- grew up in NOLA and Houston. Also spent many summers in Gulf Shores. We have a vacation planned in late June to the pandhandle of Florida. Selfishless, I'm worried about our trip being cancelled, but more importantly, I'm worried for the economy, wildlife and years of damage this will do to the beautiful shorelines and wetlands... All of you dealing with this are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • coold
    Options
    Still a big mess with no end in sight...we need a miracle and FAST!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    It's heartbreaking what we do to this planet.