Great snacks for under 100 calories

Options
scrapscot
scrapscot Posts: 123 Member
From The Doctors tv show:

Dr. Travis Stork and OB/GYN Dr. Lisa Masterson share eight healthy snack alternatives – all 100 calories or less:

Chocolate-covered Banana: Half a frozen banana dipped in two melted squares of dark chocolate.

Cinnamon applesauce: 1 cup unsweetened applesauce and a dash of cinnamon.

Baked apple: One tennis ball size apple, cored, filled with 1 teaspoon brown sugar and cinnamon, baked until tender.

Skinny s’more: Two graham crackers with one roasted marshmallow and one small square dark chocolate.

Cheese stuffed pita: Whole-grain pita pocket stuffed with ½ oz part-skim ricotta cheese.

Baked potato with salsa: Half a medium-sized baked potato with a tablespoon of salsa on top.

Pretzels and fat-free cheese: 15 mini pretzel sticks with 2 tablespoons of fat-free cottage cheese.

Black bean salsa over three eggplant slices: 1 tablespoon salsa spread over three grilled, eggplant slices.

also:
DId you know you can : Scare the Calories Off
You can burn as many calories watching your favorite horror movie as you would if you took a 30-minute walk? ER physician Dr. Travis Stork explains that being frightened causes a burst of adrenaline, which causes your heart rate to increase, your blood pressure to rise and your metabolism to rev up.

So next time it's too cold to take your evening walk, pop in your favourite scary DVD instead!

Replies

• Yahooliz
    Yahooliz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Haha! That must be why I could eat anything I wanted when I was young....I loved scarey movies!!! Thanks for sharing this fun fact and the yummy snacks!
  • scrapscot
    scrapscot Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Funny, you're the only one who has commented on this Liz!
  • Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Love the cinnamon apple sauce idea, that will be one extremely yummy combination!!!
  • AmazingGrace73
    Options
    great ideas..thanks for sharing!
  • MonicaRoxxs
    MonicaRoxxs Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Bump! I wanna try them!