Best exercises for toning thighs ??

Options
^^^

Replies

• Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Squats, Dumbell squats or walking up stairs/ jogging. Leg lifts aswell :drinker:
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges.

Though "toning" is more about diet than exercise. Just to be clear.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Weights !!!!!!!!! Like barbell squats!
  • ehsan517
    ehsan517 Posts: 114
    Options
    squats....will work both hamstrings and quads, thus developing the thigh area in general.
    i like to add in other leg exercises using machines in the gym.
    if you want to get rid of the fat, then i suggest mountain climbers, stair climbing, running and general cardio involving legs. but toning is all squats. unless you are bodybuilding, there is no need to even go heavy.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Squats, Deadlifts, Weighted Lunges, kettle bell swings.... ps all of this is ridiculously awesome for your torso as well.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    gifs_Ace_Ventura_dancing.gif
    this and only this
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Take a martial arts class! Haha. Those kicks do wonders for your thighs. :)
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    this and only this

Ahahaha!!
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    it goes without saying that diet is a major part of this, right?

That being said, faves:
    lunges
    squats
    deadlifts
    plyometrics
    stair climber
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Squats of almost any nature: Split, Hack (to a degree), front, back, etc.
    Lunges with or without weights
    Box jumps

Once you've mastered the technique, don't be scared of lifting heavy weights.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Look up "blogilates" on youtube. Cassey has TONS of routines that work the thighs out.
  • dirtybadgermtb
    dirtybadgermtb Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I don't love the term toning. To quote one of the giants of strength training, Mark Rippetoe, -There is no such thing as "firming and toning.” There is only stronger and weaker.

Then he would teach you how to squat and deadlift. No ladies, you do not produce enough testosterone to EVER get bulky. It won't ever happen so don't worry about it and lift.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Squats, Deadlifts, Weighted Lunges, kettle bell swings.... ps all of this is ridiculously awesome for your torso as well.

They will give you the muscle if your genetic allows it....

...as you diet. You can't tone anything (since what are you toning? Build muscle or lose fat, simple as that).

Get a good diet in place, lose the body fat and the leg muscles will appear. Probably towards the end of the diet for most people as legs hold fat towards the top very well, and the lower torso.
  • em3120
    em3120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Definitely check out Cassey Ho's Blogilates channel on youtube! She is awesome! She has a workout called Inner Thigh Insanity and I love doing it because you can really feel it working!
  • rshields9093
    rshields9093 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't love the term toning. To quote one of the giants of strength training, Mark Rippetoe, -There is no such thing as "firming and toning.” There is only stronger and weaker.

Then he would teach you how to squat and deadlift. No ladies, you do not produce enough testosterone to EVER get bulky. It won't ever happen so don't worry about it and lift.

^This^

Two of the most important fitness points in the entire world right there in that one short little post.
  • Low and deep SQUATS!!!! Also, don't eat garbage or you will only end up with sore legs.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

While I do agree with this post, I will say that a lot of it is subjective. I'd never say I want to look toned, but the idea behind the term is reasonable, and a goal for many people on this site. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not a valid goal for some.

Same thing with "bulky"... it's a word that has a certain connotation to it. What's bulky to you may or may not be bulky to others. Some people want to look like kim kardashian. Some people want to look like Jamie eason. One is not better than the other, they are just different goals.

Again, I get what you're saying and I generally agree. But try to see past the terminology and see what the person is actually asking about.
  • PrimalSiren
    Options
    this and only this

bahahahaha

I also agree it has a lot to do with diet, but squats are amazing.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    squats, hill intervals, stair stepper, leg press...hip adduction and abduction
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Toning is simply the act of building muscle. Do the same things anyone else would do to build muscle in the lower body. Squats, deadlifts, lunges, all with heavy weight. Also plyometrics and sprints.