HELP! I'm 5 weeks post tummy tuck....

I'm a Turbo Fire junky and I've been out of the game for 5 weeks now due to having a tummy tuck. The doc says I can start doing cardio and aerobic exercises but am I jumping the gun by thinking I can do Turbo Fire?

Replies

• Juliechilli
    Juliechilli Posts: 123 Member
    I haven't had a tummy tuck but I have had a couple of c-sections. If your doctor gave you the OK that's great! But really, I think you need to listen to your body. You don't want jump into exercise too fast and have any complications. I'd start by walking or maybe some light jogging and see how you do after a few days.. Turbo Fire is intense. Personally, I'd build up to it gradually. Good luck!
  • I haven't had a tummy tuck but I have had a couple of c-sections. If your doctor gave you the OK that's great! But really, I think you need to listen to your body. You don't want jump into exercise too fast and have any complications. I'd start by walking or maybe some light jogging and see how you do after a few days.. Turbo Fire is intense. Personally, I'd build up to it gradually. Good luck!

DITTO!!! never jump back into a normal routine as if you've been thru nothing! Not a good idea! give it a cpl days of gradually getting back in the saddle...if things seem to be going well after that, give it a shot but still at a moderately lower level that bustin *kitten*! Good luck!
  • bwalker0823
    bwalker0823 Posts: 107 Member
    I so want a tummy tuck! My stomach looks awful and I am so discouraged becuase they skin just hangs after a c-section. I am so self concious to be naked! and I DREAD bathing suit season! :(
  • VACookey
    VACookey Posts: 7 Member
    Here's how I see it: You went through a lot of pain, suffering, and expense to get that tummy tuck. Don't ruin it by jumping the gun on your exercise! Especially if you had to work your way down to a weight to get that tummy tuck (which is what I'm doing). You want it to be perfect. If the doc says light exercise, stick to that. If the doc says you can jump back into full exercise, do so with caution. You have an awesome stomach. You don't want to do anything to hurt it.
  • MizVandyk
    MizVandyk Posts: 602 Member
    I had a tummy tuck 09/13/2012 at week 2 I was finally standing straight at week 3 I felt like I could do anything but it wasn't until week 8 that I was able to really work out and it wasn't until week 12 that I could do a push up without hurting..i would say take your time don't push yourself but yes if you feel up to it then give it a try but take it slow