Motivated new comer

Options
I joined the MFP app almost 2 weeks ago and just found the Internet site today. I'm looking for friends I can relate to. I'm 5'5" , 26, and mother of a soon to be 5 year old. I had started a weight loss journey in September of 2010 starting at 181lbs. By February 2011 I was at 115lbs. All I did was walk twice a week. No dieting. I lost the majority of the weight December to January at which point I wasn't working out at all or dieting but I was working a very physically demanding and stressful job. I ended up getting a different job and slowly packed on the pounds the next year. The past 6 months it seems I have done nothing but blown up in size. Since my new job is entirely sitting, involves a lot of going out to dinner, and is very late hours. In December 2012 I was asked if I was "pregnant" and that was my final wake up call. I joined the gym on January 14th and have gone as much as I can fit into my busy schedule (5 times so far) and have tried to do at home workouts. I had weighted myself on several different scales that all gave different weights (165-193lbs) but I got on the scale this Monday and it said 170lbs then had my daughter get on it to make sure her weight was the same as when she was just at the doctors (it was). I want to get down to 125lbs at least. My current workout at the gym is the treadmill, elliptical, and stationary bike. I want to lose the weight before I try strength training or tonight. I'm not quite sure if 3 days a week at the gym will be enough. I just need a friend or two to share ideas with, be each others motivation, or shoulder. Someone with knowledge on this stuff I need guidance I guess...plus I'm still trying to figure out the app LOL so anyways...HI!!

Replies

• CHELLET31
    CHELLET31 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    hi i jus found the website n i joined here last year lol feel free to add me if u wish check out my profile first if u wish to good luck