Wendy's is evil and must be destroyed.

Options
No I didn't eat any. I was good.

...but I just saw a commercial for Wendy's and that big, huge, FAT *kitten* cheeseburger looked SOOOOO GOOOOOOOOD! Remind me of all the evil in fast food quickly before I have it for lunch tomorrow and hate myself for it. :sad:

Replies

• Killeen_bride2be
    Options
    I always used to get their 5piece nuggets and a ceaser side salad thinking I was being good untill I read something online that said the nuggets have a bunch of hidden calories and the dipping sauce wasn't helping plus the cream based ceaser dressing made the salad bad for you too. I was like ' I can't win with this crap can I?" lol
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    The homestyle chicken sandwich isn't so bad! (thats what I got last time I was there)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I like their little sliders. I forget what they're called. I think the only thing I could possibly cave for is their cookie dough frosty
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Was it the Baconator? :laugh: That burger was soooo freaking yummy. Wendys does have a lot of good choices though. I wish we had one closer to us.
  • SweetCharity
    Options
    Just watch any of the food documentaries where they show that fast food doesn't mold or decay because of all the crap they put in it to make it last longer. Imagine what fake crap you have to put in food for it not to go bad! You'd be putting that crap in your body.
  • gumchewer
    gumchewer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    godd thing i dont eat beef the chain reaction would affect me to
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I LOVE their Mandarin Orange Salad, as long as you don't add dressing or crackers & croutons, it is not bad calorie wise.

:happy: You are worth making the right decision. Are you going to indulge in the craving--knowing how bad it is for you--or are you going to choose something that will get you further along the road to a long healthy life?

:heart: Treat your body as if it were your BFF. What would you choose for your BFF tomorrow?
  • Killeen_bride2be
    Options
    Just another reason not to eat much stuff from wendys and to cut jack in the box out all together is a thing I saw on t.v. about how they are the 2 fast food resturants that don't buy much "real' meat. Even Mcdonalds got a passing grade in thier study because of out of all thier sandwitches, only the regular hamburger/cheeseburger, double cheeseburger and the big-mac were 'fake/processed" meats. Believe it or not out of all the cheap fast food chains they graded burger king got one of the best grades when it came to useing "real" meat
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    We have Wendy's on rare occasions. I get the small chili and side salad, easy on the dressing. I think it comes out to somewhere around 300 calories. But, yeah, you're all correct. I shudder to think of the crap they put in fast food. It's NOT something I do very often!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Thank you-all! I am trying for a healthy liver and everything you said helps me to stay away from all fast-food 'burgers!' When you have to take meds for anything, every day, for decades, the liver has a lot to deal with. I'm going to try to stick to my fruits and veggies and fat free milk products, etc. Thank you so much for asking the question, and for the answers. Hugs to you all, BJB
  • Always_lil_j
    Options
    Stay away from the fast food. Make yourself a turkey burger with bacon instead.....minus the bun lol....get some lettuce and tomatoe....it is delicious!!!! There is really no reason to eat fast food, it is horrible for your body.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I used to love Wendy's fries: until I was diagnosed with Celiac's disease 10 years ago (can't eat wheat,barley, rye, oats, etc.). I started eating healthier because there wasn't much I could eat aside from fruits & veggies and real meat & in the process learned about all the junk they put in that junk: seriously, 800 calories for a hamburger!. Just think, when you see that stuff, all the bad stuff that's in it: how they prepare it (trust me, their hygeine and cleanliness is not that good in those places!) it's a quick turn-off. Stick with homemade and trust me, you'll get used to food that tastes good and if you do break-down and eat fast food,your taste buds will rebel! Good Luck :wink:
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Just watch any of the food documentaries where they show that fast food doesn't mold or decay because of all the crap they put in it to make it last longer. Imagine what fake crap you have to put in food for it not to go bad! You'd be putting that crap in your body.
    I was cleaning out our mini-van last summer and found part of a McD's cheeseburger under a seat in the back. Who knows how long it had been sitting there, but it looked like it was fresh out of the wrapper.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    food commercials are evil anytime but they should most definitely be oulawed at dinner time!! :explode:

Commercials are the DEVIL and are evil!!:devil:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Wendy's was my fast food treat of choice the first few months of this "lifestyle change." I'd get the Double Stack & a Value Fries. Wasn't really all that bad. The Double Stack is 360 cals & the fries are 210. No big & I got my fast food fix easily.

Now I don't even want it, I just make my own. I actually haven't had any fast food since Christmas Eve. Not because I've been trying not to eat it, I just haven't wanted it at all. I actually just finished a homemade burger & fries. :tongue: I use 96% lean ground beef (which is only 140 calories for 4oz. Screw ground turkey -- gross). Wheat bun for 80 cals and 1/2 ounce cheddar for 50 cals and a tsp of mustard for 0 cals = 270 calories. I also had parmesan sweet potato fries (baked). 150 grams for around 200 cals. YUM!!! :wink:
  • red3367
    red3367 Posts: 11
    Options
    Check out Food Inc. It will show you what other kinds of thing can get into your meat. You can watch it on youtube.
  • aesoprok
    aesoprok Posts: 70
    Options
    I used to work at Wendy's - they're not that bad. The salads and chili are made fresh everyday, and the beef is never frozen, grilled fresh to order. That said, i try to stick to the once a month rule. If there's a new specialty item at a fast food chain that you really really want (bacon and blue burger mmmmmmmmmmm) then have it, enjoy it, and have no other fast food for the next 30 days.

I used to eat Taco Bell at least 3 times a week, and Arbys at least once. 4 fast food meals a week, WAY too much, but i was hooked. Then i made this rule for myself, i've been doing it for a year, and it's super easy (for me). I think for a while about what greasy fatty tasty thing i want most, i get the large size, go home and devour it (slowly though) and feel not a twinge of guilt for it.

Hope this helps :drinker:
  • aesoprok
    aesoprok Posts: 70
    Options
    One more thing about Wendy's - you could try a baked potato and a small chili. It's a good filling meal, low fat and cals ( i'm pretty sure) and they have unsweetened tea that is perfect on a hot summer night and 0 cals. Jeez, i sound like a spokesperson:laugh:
  • 25anniversary2011
    25anniversary2011 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I hadn't gone to Wendy's in months but tonight I had the grilled chicken sandwich and a baked potato. The sandwich was delicious and not bad in calories or fat.
  • leelu
    leelu Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    In Australia Wendys is an icecream store. they serve thickshakes in shopping malls - also evil I would suggest