Very Frustrated

Options
I don't have much to lose but it feels like I'm losing an uphill battle. 1 lbs forward 2 back :( I gained 3 lbs this week and I'm feeling really discouraged. I don't get to exercise like I would like but I am trying to stick to my 1200 calories. Why isn't it working?

Replies

• obifatkanobi
    obifatkanobi Posts: 190
    Options
    You have to give it some time. It's not uncommon to gain a bit before the loss begins. Remember, your body is going through some changes, and it's going ot take a while to adjust. Besides, what you gained is most likely not fat, but either muscle, or water gain. Don't let it get you down, keep watching your numbers, here in MFP, and measure to see if your slimming. Also, keep an eye on sodium, lots of reduced calorie foods increase the salt to make it taste better.
  • jcope001
    jcope001 Posts: 5
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? it will help.I lost 45 pounds with this site but things started slow.I have kept it off for a year but I am comming back to track my food because I am losing willpower. try to get a work out in even if you just walk in place at home.
  • tandknix
    tandknix Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement gals. I have a friend who is using this site also and she explained the calorie count to me better so I know what I am doing wrong! Hopefully I will be on the fast track to losing this weight now!
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    hi all I had a bad day yesterday,well some of it anyway I was away from home at an Irish dancing feis,it was four hours since I had lunch nothing decent to eat so I had a mars bar for supper great I know,to be fair it must be over a year since Id eaten one,anyway it well after 10pm when we got out so it was straight to McDonald's I dont do this often and was totally shocked to see the amount of calories in a big Mac meal,I didnt get to the gym in 3 days either as I suffer bad menstrual migraine,so I was fairly surprised to step on the scales a pound lighter with another inch off my middle.I dont honestly know how that happened!!!