meals under 400 calories?

Options
What are some quick, easy meals under 400 calories? Preferably with as little cooking as possible

Replies

• Hey,
    If you have a smart phone, download the app called "change 4 life". It has lots of meal plans, and the recipe and shopping list for each dish. Most meals on there are under 400 calories and good for families.
  • SoonerVet
    Options
    This is a typical lunch for me and probably not enough for a dinner, but I have 2 eggs that I mix in a bowl (after spraying with cooking spray) and I mix in a tablespoon or two of my favorite salsa. I microwave these eggs for about 2 minutes on high, give or take. then I toast 2 pieces of my 45 calorie bread (Sara Lee). Then I use a fork to take the egg scrambled mixture out of the microwave and place it on the toast. I then place a thin slice of cheese (I use the 40 calorie Sargento slices) on top of the egg so it will melt. Then make it an egg sandwich basically. Usually fills me up pretty well for a lunch.

2 x 45 calorie bread slices = 90 calories
    Thin slice of cheese = 40 calories
    Salsa (1 tablespoon) = ~10 calories
    Eggs x 2 = 140 calories

so about 280 calories for that meal
  • c_melanson
    c_melanson Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My go to, under 400 cal meal is half can flaked light tuna mixed with 1 tbsp light mayo and 1 tsp bold n spicy mustard on whole wheat tortilla bread with some celery and red pepper cut up on top, wrap it up, and I enjoy a "cup of soup" pouch on the side. Provides good amount of protein and some carbs to keep me full for a while. Yum. :) calories= 300.
  • jerryatrics
    jerryatrics Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers

Makes 3 servings, each (2 halves of stuffed peppers = 1 serving)
    1 lb Fresh Ground Turkey, 94% Fat Free
    3 red bell pepper (any bell pepper works but red ones tend to be sweeter)
    1/2 of a small zucchini, diced
    1/2 of a small carrot, peeled and diced
    1 small onion, diced
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    Olive oil, 1/2 tablespoon

salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne, any other herbs you like (I had some fresh cilantro so I threw a few sprigs in), to taste

1. Preheat oven to 375F
    2. Cut and clean bell peppers in half (remove seeds and membrane)
    3. Mix remaining vegetables and turkey in a bowl, add spices
    4. Spread olive oil on aluminum foil covered baking pan
    5. Place peppers into pan, rub around in the olive oil
    6. Scoop turkey mix into peppers, distributing evenly
    7. Cook in oven for ~1.5 hours or until turkey is browned on top

I usually double this recipe to make 6 servings, delicious and filling!

Per serving: 296 calories, 12g carb 14g fat 34g protein
  • bwahlers
    Options
    Best Low cal dinner is Spaghetti squash with itallian canned tomatoes! Virtually no calories for dinner. I usually add a laughing cow cheese wedge on whole wheat toast as a side.

Also, a while back in Cooking Light magazine, I found a recipe for Pork Tenderloin Au Jus and I've been making it for years. It is honestly my favorite recipe ever and it's around 250 calories. See if you can track it down- you'll be hooked.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    check out skinnytaste.com

many low-cal options there.
  • f1ann4rs
    f1ann4rs Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Bump, Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers sound good
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    What are some quick, easy meals under 400 calories? Preferably with as little cooking as possible
    I live alone,so only have to cook for one. That said, Check out my Diary, Most of my meals are under 400. I cook a full recipe & freeze in measured out portions. Every time I am in the Mood to cook That is what I do with whats left. I end up with quite a selection, Grab it nuke it thats it. If you notice though, most of my meals are just thrown together. For sure check out "Skinnytaste.com" I have made several of those recipes. :drinker:
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Bump! Stuffed pepper recipe floated my boat! Got to try!
  • SuZQz173
    Options
    LESS than 200 calories
    award winning delicious

1c sliced strawberries
    1c Sliced in half green grapes
    spray of Lime juice
    1-2 stalks chopped celery
    1/4 sliced green onion
    terragon if desired

Let it marinate in its own juices overnight in fridge. So delicious. I make a big batch all at once. Been eating this for years!
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    Baked fish in parchment paper. Sounds fancy, hardly requires any work.

Thaw out a frozen fish filet (The kind that come individually vacuum sealed are perfect for this) and put it on a piece of parchment paper or foil. Add flavoring. Can be as simple as salt pepper and lemon juice. Roll up the sides to make a pouch and bake at 350 for 15 minutes (for a 1" thick filet).

I usually make it with some steamed broccoli or other vegetable. Really low in calories and high in protein.

I make a lot of soups too. They require more cooking but I get 6-11 servings out of them, which I immediately split up and freeze for many effortless lunches and dinners to come. When my fiancee is away at school and I'm home by myself I often cook only twice a week.

Another easy one: Tortilla pizzas. Toast a flour tortilla in the oven (or toaster oven if you have one), take it out and spread with pizza toppings, then put it back in until the cheese is melted. I usually use string cheese so I don't have to worry about open blocks of cheese going bad. My mom used to make double layer ones with no pre-toasting, depends on what kind of pizza crust you like. But it's a lot lower calorie than actual pizza because the tortilla makes such a thin crust.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Any reasonably sized portion of meat (chicken fillet, fish, small steak) plain grilled, served with veg (boiled or steamed) is going to be around that figure.
  • SuZQz173
    Options
    Spaghetti squash is one of my favorite meals. Glad to see it shared here, especially in the under 400 category.

I just joined. Hadn't counted calories before. So cool to find a place that counts the calories for me!

Inspiring, seeing a slide rule of weight people have lost. That'll be me someday!
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bumpppp