A quick question about baked oatmeal

freckles88
freckles88 Posts: 44 Member
I have seen a few recipes for baked oatmeal on pinterest that look really yummy for breakfast and I could adapt to make it nice and healthy. Thing is though it seems very similar to a flapjack which I don't really fancy for breakfast! We don't really have baked oatmeal in the UK so I don't really know what it is or if it is like porridge/flapjack when cooked. Can anyone clarify?? Thanks :)

Replies

• freckles88
    freckles88 Posts: 44 Member
    Sorry that was an appalling overuse of the word 'really' haha! X
  • cara523
    cara523 Posts: 116
    I have baked peanut butter oatmeal every morning. I made a pan of it over the weekend, cut it up in to individual servings and heat it up with some fresh fruit ( this morning was blackberries) and it is delicious! I found the recipe on this message board by searching "baked oatmeal". Mixed it all together, put it in a glass baking dish and baked it. It was like making oatmeal cookies but you bake it in a dish instead of individual cookies. When I put the recipe in to count the calories, it came to 2000 calories for the whole thing but I cut it in to 12 individual servings and that is less than 200 calories a serving. Delicious!