Insanity workout and calories?

Options
I'm 18 years old 5'6 and weigh 128lbs, I've got a few pounds of fat to lose but mainly want to tone and tighten. I am on day 4 of insanity and eating around 1500 calories. Is this to little? I would like to start walking on my treadmill for 30-60 minutes to burn more fat but I'm not to sure if this will do more harm then good, what should I do?
Insanity is freakin HARD, but I'm determind to lose weight and tone up...thanks for helping:)

Replies

• cholderer
    cholderer Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm 18 (less than 2 weeks from 19!) am 5'4 and weigh about 115. I am on day 10 of Insanity and have pretty much the same goal in mind. I eat about 1500 calories (give or take) depending on the day of the workout. I just started using a heart rate moniter today and it said I burned 373 calories for the Plyometric workout. So I assume you are fine with that amount since you are about the same size as me. The treadmill may or may not help since you don't have a lot to take off and sometimes I find walking on the treadmill will make my already sore muscles tight (not in the good way tight) so I would test it and see if it works or not. But you should be fine with just Insanity as it is.
  • mike_gee15
    Options
    I did and completed insanity my junior year of high school, and I was eating quite a bit. maybe around 2000 cals, but just keep your fats moderate around 40, have your protein at maybe .7 of your body weight or .6, then fill the rest of the cals with carbs. You should be ok, I can promise you that. The first couple days are rough, but it gets a whole lot better once your body catches up. No need for the extra cardio work though, your getting enough with insanity. Just keep your fats moderately low. Goodluck. :D