Vitamin B12

Options
I went to the doctor on Monday and had some bloodtests done. On Thursday my doctor told me that my Vitamin B12 levels are dangerously low and that if they don't improve in eight weeks when I have to go in for another testing, then I have to get a shot every month. I intend on buying some Vitamin B12 supplement pills, but does anyone have any ideas on how I can raise it naturally as well? I have very simple food tastes. It looks as though this deficency has contributed to me not having any energy, and therefore motivation to do what my mind wants to do. Exercise. I would appreciate help as I'd really like to raise my B12 and get enough energy to want to go to the gym to burn the energy off!

Replies

• victoriavvi
    victoriavvi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You should try taking Emergen-C daily. Its a good source of vitamin C and also has Vitamin B12 and Vitamin B6. Good way to boost energy also. Hope that helps =)
  • raleigh
    raleigh Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    i have a vitamin B12 deficiency too. i take sublingual B12-Folate, which sublingual means it is absorbed under the tongue. you should ask your doctor about taking it sublingually, supposedly its better absorbed that way.

it comes through most in a ton of seafoods, lamb, beef and cheese, so especially when i ate little animal products (for around 4 years) i was feeling the symptoms of deficiency

http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/vitaminb12.asp#h3 ---for more info
  • mzmoonlight
    mzmoonlight Posts: 160
    Options
    yeast extract and a lot of cereals are fortified with b12
  • jesielin23
    jesielin23 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had gastric bypass so I really have to stay on top of taking my B12..I use the GNC brand B12 sublingual tabs...they are 1000mcg each and are SO easy to take daily. I see a huge differene if I don't take them daily...I have low energy and my hair falls out if I don't take them! :)