Running

Options
Just thought I would share, because this is a pretty big deal to me. I started running about a month ago. Which is awesome, because I can not stand running, never have been able to do it. It is 100% mental for me. My Brain just says no to running.

Anyway, start with .5 miles without stopping . This was at 12 minute mile which is about 5 mile per hour.
I got to 1.5 miles without stopping at the same pace.
I have now upped the ante, and went for 10 minute mile, I made that goal today.

It is the little things.

My next goal is 1.5 mile at the same pace and eventually to 2 miles in the next month. Will keep working on time and distance.

Have a great day and keep your eye on the prize.

Replies

• basscadet808
    basscadet808 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm giving the C25K thing a try. I have never in my life been a runner or had much endurance at all. I got through weeks 1-4 but now I am struggling. A lot of people have had success but I'm falling behind. I was doing well when I was home on maternity leave and now I'm just always tired. I have two kids, one being 4 months old. I am awake at 6:30am usually with one night feeding wake up and don't get home until 6:30 at night. I make time to run but I am just plain tired most of the time. I end up doing a portion of the run and then completing my cardio on the elliptical followed by some resistance. Do you have any suggestions on how to keep going?
  • MsipiGRITS
    MsipiGRITS Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    The Couch to 5K is a great program to get you from NEVER running, which was me, to running in a 5K, which I am still working toward... I would have never said I would actually like running, but I love the way it makes me feel and can't wait to run all the races we have coming up! My first 'run it all the way' 5K race is February 9th, so trying to finish my training to do that! You can do it!!!! and YES, it is a LOT in your head....
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You can so do this. Wait til you can go for 45 min or more.... Runner's high is REAL.
  • BellaBones
    Options
    I want to do a 5k in June and be able to run the whole thing without breaking stride. It WILL happen!!! I gotta take the motivation I have on my skates and put it towards running!
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I mostly just speed walk.. but wondering if it is worth it to change from speed walking to running
  • nwood2691
    nwood2691 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 2 of C25K and I still have a long way to go, but I am determined to finish it. I have always hated running, but I must admit that I like the way I feel after the workout! I signed up for a warrior dash in August and I WILL run the whole thing! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!