3 O'clock Munchies

How to deal? What do you like?

Replies

• ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    I either have a snack...a banana or some almonds and nutella...depending how many calories I have left. If I don't have the calories, I keep my giant bottle of water by me and sip on that.
  • lvtruu1
    lvtruu1 Posts: 211 Member
    I either have a snack...a banana or some almonds and nutella...depending how many calories I have left. If I don't have the calories, I keep my giant bottle of water by me and sip on that.

Banana (check) Almonds (check) Nutella??? Why not just eat a spoon full of sugar?

Having a snack is fine, just make it fit your calories. Those susceptible to binging should fit a snack in. Those that don't and can handle the hunger might want to pass on the snack and eat a bigger meal at dinner. To each his/her own. When I was cutting "dieting" hardcore, I went hungry all the time. Now I don't eat breakfast often so I have plenty of calories to play with for snacks.
  • sherodswife
    sherodswife Posts: 19 Member
    I like to chew minty gum if I have the munchies but am not truly hungry.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 839 Member
    I just experienced this! Fortunately, I brought an apple to work for just that reason. I find if I don't eat something healthy (!) at around 3, I will go home and binge on something unhealthy before dinner because I'm so hungry. It has to do with insulin levels - better to eat small snacks and keep the levels more even. When they drop is when we crave the sweets and carbs!
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Today I bombed out on the 3 o'clock munchies (thank you stress!). Normally my lunch is enough to get me through to dinner, or at least I'll munch on carrots or tomatoes or other veggies. Since I ate all my lunch at lunch and the stress bug hit, that bag of Lays and a handful of M&Ms were gone in under 5. Yum, but now I'll make dinner fit the calories better or get in a little more exercise.
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 336 Member
    LUNA protein bar (nutrition for women)
    Target "Simply Balanced" fruit snacks/strips
    Applesauce
    Carrots
    Cheesetick
    Crackers
    Greek Yogurt

Those are a few my staples that I keep on hand for a healthy snack in the afternoon.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member

Banana (check) Almonds (check) Nutella??? Why not just eat a spoon full of sugar?

Having a snack is fine, just make it fit your calories. Those susceptible to binging should fit a snack in. Those that don't and can handle the hunger might want to pass on the snack and eat a bigger meal at dinner. To each his/her own. When I was cutting "dieting" hardcore, I went hungry all the time. Now I don't eat breakfast often so I have plenty of calories to play with for snacks.

So I'm guessing you're probably not a fan of the fun size twix and reeses I just had for a snack?
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    I usually have a snack around 2-3 PM and then dinner after 5 PM. If I get the munchies between meal times, I just tough it out. It gets easier with practice.
  • JRaeZins
    JRaeZins Posts: 171 Member
    I hate that! EVERYDAY at 3ish! Today, I did good and drank a big mug of peppermint tea with less than a teaspoon of truvia. It seemed to do the trick, for today :)
  • I also use GoBites.com. I love them and they are really healthy. It's a change from a processed bar or the good ol standard of celery. (not affiliated with them in any way shape or form. not marketing)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    stop the two o'clock pot smoking.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Drink water.
  • pegganne70
    pegganne70 Posts: 12 Member
    I like to have a apple and almond butter.
  • If you are hungry.... EAT... It is ok to eat, your body needs food to survive. I used to skip breakfast, have a big lunch and a big dinner.. I wasn't doing myself any favors. I have now met with a nutritionist and have learned that my body needs to eat every 2 to 4 hours. NOT HUGE MEALS but something with a protein and minimal carbs. The combination is very important. it has been 3 weeks since I have been on this plan and I have lost 3% body fat. Im happy, I seem like I am always eating, I always stay within my calories and my clothing is starting to fit like they are supposed to rather than cutting my breath :love: Good luck with your goal! I am happy to email you the nutrition plan I am on , just send me a message to my inbox.
  • Brown_Eyed_Beauty
    Brown_Eyed_Beauty Posts: 109 Member
    stop the two o'clock pot smoking.

I'm sorry but thats funny! LoL

Anyway... try to keep something on hand like fruit or a small meal bar like kashi or even nutrigrain. It doesn't have to be sugar free but it needs to suit you!!! You're feeding your metabolism, not anyone else's. Just keep it under 200 cals and that should work.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    I just ate an apple and a piece of string cheese. Usually it satisfies but today it made me more hungry. Snack fail.
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Funny you should ask...it's 2:59 pm my time and I was just thinking about what I could snack on...
    I try to keep my desk stocked with good things.
    Fruit
    100- cal packs of whatever
    instant oatmeal
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    I just got Cheesy Jalapeno Pop Corners out of the vending machine. I regret nothing.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    A bottle of water and: Beef Jerky. An apple. A piece (or two) of sugar free hard candy (only if I'm pretty sure I'm not REALLY hungry but just want something to eat). A half a can of Light Progresso Chicken Noodle soup.
  • janecl
    janecl Posts: 121 Member
    I have some kind of protein snack. A cheese stick or Greek yogurt. It seems to really be helping. Good luck!