Back on MFP. Looking for friends approx 50 and older!

Options
I'm a 51 year old that got into my fitness kick June 2011. Lost 30 pounds last year, maintained and then gained a little back. Life has gotten in the way to actually keep working toward my goal. But, I'm back on track and am determined to meet my goal. I have 20-25 pounds to lose. I just need some friends that would like to help motivate me and also would like to be motivated.

Replies

• jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I love to help motivate...I'm 50 heading to 51 very soon. I still have around 100 to go so I'll be here for a while add me if you like.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome back to mfp! I'm Angela and I'm 47. I've been doing on mfp for almost 2 years now. It's a lifestyle for me now. I gained quite a bit over holidays but it's coming off slowly lol. I've lost 28 lbs and would like to lose another 5 lbs or so and I'll continue to log to maintain my weight. I'd be glad to be your friend and help support you:):)
  • Mzkfh
    Mzkfh Posts: 9
    Options
    Hello - I just crossed the 50 mark last month. I'm working hard and trying to be fit. It's a challenge because I love to cook and I love to eat. Hopefully we all can motivate each other.
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    anyone feel free to add me too....always nice to add a friend or two. I will be 50 in July, lost my weight and mostly doing maintenance now. I love this site....its the only thing that's worked for longer than a few days :)
  • tinkerbell4406
    Options
    Hi-

I am new to My Fitness Pal. I recently got a fitbit and have been using both apps on my iphone to track my progress. I also am over 55- trying to go the slow route to weight loss with patience.
  • JudyAngelman
    JudyAngelman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am still looking to lose 25 lbs after losing 58 in 2012. I just turned 50 in November and am looking for others who are motivated to get this done and live life to it's fullest. Good luck to you.
  • wandarb
    wandarb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good evening

I am three days new to MFP.

I am 58, and it would be my pleasure to support you.

Cheers
  • SummerSusan
    SummerSusan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined today and haven't put up a photo yet....I turned 50 yesterday. 49 was traumatic as I was quite overweight and felt awful, but between MFP and determination for exercising I managed to lose 45 pounds since last March. 50 felt better than 49. I'm new to the forums though, and would love to join a group of friends around the same age! I'm still looking to lose about 20-25 or 2-3 dress sizes, whichever comes first!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Gramps here. I just turned 60 and I just got used to saying "I'm in my 50's". Okay, so I'm old but I am down from my all time high of 215 to 165 and have been on maintenance since last July. I run and I lift weights. If I'd known I was going to feel this good, I'd have gotten in shape a long time ago.

Friend requests from the over 50 crowd welcomed and encouraged. I love to encourage, help motivate and inspire others.
  • meldel49
    meldel49 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am over 60 and looking to be inspired and have some support from someone who has been there. I can say I could loset approx. 40 lbs. I just started in January 2013 and have lost 3 lbs so far. I want to get healthy but also my daugher is getting married in Chicago in Sept, this year and I want to rock it.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Just friend me. I feel the more of us that help each other the better off we are.
  • AliceNov2011
    AliceNov2011 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    We have a great group called The Ladies Who Lunch for women over 40. Please join! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/9239-the-ladies-who-lunch
  • AliceNov2011
    AliceNov2011 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    And feel free to add me. I'm over 50, have lost 55 pounds, 20 to go. I cook & eat well, as much whole & clean food as possible, and always find room for wine. ;c)
  • 1sikan
    1sikan Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm 49 (well next month), a week into MFP. Have lost 50 via various programs and have about 40 more to go! I'd love to support, encourage/motivate and be supported and encouraged/motivated! :smile:
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    so we cant be friends because im not old enough? :huh:

GAWD story of my life
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 and just got down to my target weight - now switching to fitness/health goals instead.
    Currently doing the 100 push-up challenge and training for a long cycle ride in summer.
  • Live4More
    Live4More Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi. Sent you a friend request. Anyone else feel free to add me.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I'm "only" 46.

My goals are to maintain my weight, eat healthy and be consistent with my work-outs. :smile:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    We have a great group called The Ladies Who Lunch for women over 40. Please join! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/9239-the-ladies-who-lunch

Just joined.
    Didn't know about this group.
    Thanks for sharing.
    I think it will rather nice to not have to always deal with 20-something's and all their "drama"- lol!
  • Toadlily
    Options
    hello - i'm just about to turn 50 - with 25-30 pounds to lose - i'm at 165 currently - would like a few friends who are committed to their goals - we can help each other get there!