Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Heres to the start of the rest of my Life

Jane1972
Jane1972 Posts: 3
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi Guys n Gals

I was shown this site today by a friend of mine (forgot to get her username to add her as a friend lol )
I have been going to the gym for just over a month so started my tracking from back when i started.
I refuse to pay those corporate companies who take advantage of the people who want or need to lose weight so this site is perfect.

I have always had to watch my weight ever since i was little.
In school i was 10st and a size 12/14 which was fat then but when i look back i realise it was the norm.
I have had 4 lovely boys from a previous marriage and have gained weight with each one. I did lose a lot of weight after my 3rd son was born when my ex husband cheated on me and left me for another woman. I ended up losing 5 stone in less than a year. He came back and we had 1 more son but since then, i got comfortable with my life again and the weight crept back on. I stayed around 13st and a size 16/18 which was big for me but comfortable. Then 2 years ago, i was planning my wedding to my new wonderful supportive hubby and we decided to quit smoking to help save money. Well, that was it, I have put on over 2 stone in 2 yrs and had to go through 3 wedding dresses in preparation for my big day.
I was just so upset that my dream dress was quickly getting smaller and smaller until there was just no way i could squeeze into it anymore. With just 2 weeks to go and not enough time to have my second choice dress altered, i ran into an evening dress shop and bought the only dress they had in my size and cried all the way home. I have now been married for almost 2 years and have decided when we reach our 10th anniversary, we will renew our vows. I want my princess perfect dress back and to be the size 16 or less that i was.

I started out at around 10st at the age of 17 and worked my way up to my heaviest point of 16.7st this year at the age of 37.
I have joined a Gym lately so hopefully things will start shifting in the right directions.

Why I Want To Get In Shape
I want to get in shape so i can be the woman my husband met 3 and a half years ago. That would take me down to 13st but i would love to get back down to around 10 or 11st again.
I want to be able to shop in normal stores and find more options in my size which is currently a size 20. I would love to get back down to a 14/16 if possible.

I look forward to this journey with everyone here and would welcome friends to help and chat to along the way

Replies

• andygirl
    andygirl Posts: 18
    Welcome :flowerforyou: This a great site and you will find lots of support! A friend request is on it's way... :happy:
  • Good Morning and welcome to what seems like a very fun place. I have been on my weight control venture for about 2 weeks and having fun so far. I would like to add you as a friend, so that we can mutually motivate eachother. Take care, hope to hear from you here in SOCAL. :glasses:
  • MyDream
    MyDream Posts: 72
    I totally understand where you are at in your life, I'm there too! I just began (again) today and I'm encouraged by your story. Throughout the years, I too became comfy with my life and forgot to take care of myself. Now my goal is to start putting myself first so I can continue taking care of my family.

Good luck to you!
  • SherryJ
    SherryJ Posts: 10
    You can do it! We are both the same size at this point. I want to get down to 12 or 14 so I can shop in normal stores too. I was those sizes in college and felt healthy and sexy. I've had 1 son and my pregancy was high risk because of gestational diabetes. I want to have another baby, but I need to get this weight off and get healhier so I can reduce the risk of gestational diabetes with the next pregnancy. I'm enjoying the site so far. It's really helping me track what I eat how it affects my goals. I know you will enjoy it too. Let's be friends and motivate one another. I will send you a request. Take care!
  • Jane1972
    Jane1972 Posts: 3
    I have a lot of looking around and getting used to the site.
    But thanks for all the encouragement so far, i look forward to "seeing less" of everyone here :)
  • smtirado
    smtirado Posts: 23 Member
    we are here for you, because we are in the same place. We need the support to lose weight and yes I agree not give our money to company who promises that you can lose weight. Welcome again. Keep in touch
This discussion has been closed.