Favorite Running Shoes?

Options
2»

Replies

• rcadams97
    rcadams97 Posts: 106
    Options
    I started using Brooks Beasts about two years ago and won't even consider a different brand or model anymore. Great shoes for over pronated runners.
  • paperhawk
    paperhawk Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Fila seem to work for me. I don;t run much, but I do about 1500 miles a year walking... I get them on Amazon.com have three pair I rotate...

http://www.fila.com/
  • sethlilly
    Options
    Been using Brooks Glycerin 10s for about eight months, and they're the most comfortable runner I've owned.
  • Fit_Mama84
    Fit_Mama84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    New Balance! I love those shoes <3
  • tabfjo
    tabfjo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    ASICS Women's GEL-Noosa Tri 7 Running Shoe! They are so comfy! Love them!
  • ambervaldez79
    ambervaldez79 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Asics gel and Brooks Cadence. I was fitted at a running store and found that my ankles roll inwards when I jog/walk. The shoes I bought are for stability. No problems at all! I prefer the Asics Gel shoes. THey are sooo comfy!
  • tiffanyheth
    tiffanyheth Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    How does one find a running shoe store that can evaluate our gait?
  • ambervaldez79
    ambervaldez79 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I googled "get fitted for running shoes." I was fitted at a store called Omega. They were so helpful. The associate will videotape a person jogging on a treadmill while barefoot. I could see my ankles just rolling in. Prior to that, I was having all kinds of inner ankle pain. I just bought shoes based on comfort. I ended up with some Asics that feel soo good when I jog.
  • mattvandyk
    mattvandyk Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have Asics Nimbus 14, but I underpronate, so that's the right shoe for me. My wife overpronates and would be miserable in them (she uses Asics GT-3000, BTW).

In other words, it's a very person-specific issue. Lots of shoes out there for a reason! Good luck!!

--Matt
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Brooks Ghost 5 for me. I knew they were the right shoe the moment I put them on. I am a neutral pronator.
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    Vibrams! Super awesome to learn on as they will work the crap out of your calves and you will run with better natural posture and hit from the front of your foot to the back. They are not for everyone, but I luff them.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I love my Saucony's the best. I recently bought a pair of Asics gels and I don't like them nearly as much.
  • mariposaflutterby
    mariposaflutterby Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Nike Free 4.0
    I am ready for new ones these are worn out I want to try the Nike Free Run
  • rosiecristo
    rosiecristo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Asics gel by far are the most comfortable!!! I love my running shoes!!!
  • bids55
    bids55 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    New Balance N2'S...... Just picked up a pair on year end clearance. Very confortable and great cushion/support. Reg. $169 on for $99.