*** Supportive Friends -- Looking to Release 50+ Pounds ***

Options

Replies

• MrsG2
    MrsG2 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I really love reading through everyones posts!

Loizlane...same mood for me today. I work in a small office with 4 other people. One of our clients brought us a carrot cake today. It's HUGE, with 35 pre-cut portions. I wouldn't even have to work at it to get one. I started thinking about it earlier and my mouth literally watered. I could so easily go get a piece, but then I'd be kicking myself. I blame this time of the month, but I really, REALLY want that carrot cake. My office is closest to the kitchen and I could actually smell it. I decided to put the darn thing in the refrigerator. Out of sight, out of mind really does work. For now. I'm going home now, away from the carrot cake.
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I would also love to be a part of this group. I lost 100 lbs in the last two years, but had gained back 22 lbs and am now down 89. I have 62 lbs to reach my final goal. I know I can do this, but with everyones support, the journey is a bit easier!

I'm 45 years old and have 11 year old twins. A boy and a girl. I've been married for 21 years this April and live in Maine. I work pt.time at my local hospital in the gift shop and spend much of my time taking workout classes at my gym. My two favorites are Zumba and Aqua Zumba!
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Aug!! Stupid ticker. Was changing the pic and I saw it started to where I am or was on Friday, not from the beginning or when I re-did it in the beginning of January. Anywho....whatever.
    Well didn't go to the gym today. Did some errands and cleaning instead. Going tomorrow and hoping to work off what I ate today. TOM came the other day and everything was fine but today, I couldn't get enough to eat. Didn't eat bad but had more then I normally eat. And doesn't help being up since 5 am, thanks Eve. So now I'm all emotional and blah...just crappy.

Hope everyone is doing well.
    Welcome, again, to all the newbies. As you read in the past posts, keep coming back. Lots of love and support here.

Julie
  • Sheilarm29
    Options
    Hi! I'm Sheila. I'm a 39 year old mom of five from Georgia. I work as a school counselor for 800 high school students. I am a stress eater who grew up in poverty so food was scarce and when I found it I didn't know when to stop. In 2004 I lost 80lbs and have since gained it all back plus some. I did WW from February 2012 until October and lost 28lbs but I then developed Shingles and the world went to hell. I now have 59lbs to loose. I have started running again with C25K and will do a 5k in March and April and plan to do a 15 K at the end of April. I would love to be people who are supportive but can also kick me in the butt when I need it. Thanks and glad I found MFP!
  • aluehrman
    Options
    Helllo everyone, my name is Angel and I am a Supervisor in acquisitions at an insurance company. I am working toward losing 84 pounds and have a long way to go to get there. Right now I am very motivated and seem to do better when I have a support group. I want to be there to support others and need others to support me. I have three children aged from 24 down to 11 and have been larger than I would like for many years. I am down 15 pounds and want to keep going.

Thanks for putting together this support thread. I look forward to getting to know all of you!
  • lfergurson1
    lfergurson1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi Becky so glad you did this so early for yourself I am 47 and did the same thing for about 14 years now I take care of children and its still tough to get out of making about everyone else. However I plan on remarrying before I am 50 and I have no intentions of having 100 lbs of burden with me... That would make 3 people in a marriage 1 to many!

Lee IN Seattle
  • CjrBpk0426
    CjrBpk0426 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi i have just joined this websit and have 50 pounds to lose i have always been a lil on the heavy side but now a days i have really been struggling with getting into shape and losing weight. i am a mother of a 8 month old i work 40-50 hours a week and live a very fast pace life. i would love any help and or advise on losing weight and the best program to get me to were i want to be. i have about 30 to 60 mins max of free time and i get side tracked really easy exspecially with a baby that doesnt not sleep. i corrently have been just working on what i eat and slowly cutting back cal. to like 1300 a day with only water to drink. i would truly love any messages on advise support and even ur success for motivation please and thank you very much.
  • misspinkshorts
    misspinkshorts Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Amanda and I could really use the support from people on MFP.

I am 20 years old and have struggled with my weight as long as I can remember. No one ever seemed concerned about teaching me to eat health or get out from in front of the TV and be active. Now I am at an all time high of 220 pounds and could not hate myself more.

I am a crazy busy college student at a university in Pennsylvania. I just moved out and now have my own apartment. I work 30 hours a week and take full time classes. I am studying to become a Social Worker. But I know that in order to help others I need to take care of myself. I have no idea how to do this.

I stress eat, I eat when Im bored, I eat when Im sad. Food had become my coping mechanism and I don't know how to change that. Its hard to find time to work out and eating healthy seems so much more expensive for the budget Im on.

I am the biggest of all my friends and on one understand my desire to lose this weight and be healthy. They all tell me I am beautiful just the way God created me; but I know God created me to be a healthy so I could better serve Him. I am abusing the body He gave me but over eating and using food as my way of coping.

I have no support system and half the time feel like I have to hide the fact that I am trying to lose weight. I feel like Im stuck and going nowhere. I NEED HELP!
  • Stay2theC
    Stay2theC Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! My name is Stacy. I am in Houston, TX. I am 29 years old turning 30 in June. I really want this year to be a milestone of when I decided to fight to take control of my life. I currently weigh 205, I would like to be about 135-145 lbs by the end of this year. I work in the logistics / supply chain industry that involves ton of stress. I am a big emotional & stress eater. My pattern is I usually do really good at losing weight then something triggers me to go downhill. So here I am back at the starting line AGAIN! This year I am determine to finish.

I am looking to make friends to share stories, ideas, & help motivate each other on this long journey! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • jehan
    jehan Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Jehan. I'm from the Philippines. I have more or less 50 lbs to lose. I used to belong to a group here and then I got pregnant for two years in a row and have fallen of the band wagon. I used to be 110 lbs then ballooned up to 170 lbs. When you're just 5 ft flat. That is a huge number. I gave birth last November and I got my go-signal from my obgyn. So I'm starting slow. I really need to be supportive people who would push me to be more active and eat healthy again.
  • lumpsypod
    Options
    Hello, My name is Kim. I am looking to lose 50 lbs. I am a mother of two 15 & 17. I have a full time job that I work 50 hrs a week. It make it so tough to eat right on a schedule that it rotating from day shifts to closing. My children and husband have no problems with their weight, unlike myself. I am looking for support from others that understand how hard this is to do,and others that have and do walk in my same shoes.
  • samanthab19
    samanthab19 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Samantha. I am 31 and work as a lab tech in a hospital in downtown St. Paul. I have been big my whole life and never really knew how to begin. Then late December of 2011, I downloaded another calorie counter app and lost 19 pounds in 5 months. I heard of MFP from friends and joined last May and this program has helped me tremendously!!! I still have a ways to go, but I hope I will be able to reach my goals!
  • Jred36
    Jred36 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jackie, I've lost 20 pounds so far and have 50+ more to lose. Looking to add friends for support, ideas and most importantly encouragement if I'm having one of "those" kinda days. Feel free to friend me if you are interested.
  • misspinkshorts
    misspinkshorts Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Becky- A fellow Social Worker! Im so worried that I'll get out of school and start working with others and I'll let my life and weight get even more out of shape. You are an inspiration to me already because I see that you have been able to take control of your life and lose triple digets and working hard to get back there!

Penny- It is encouraging to me to see you fighting to get back on track. It is proving to me that even when we fall off it is important to keep doing. Can't let anything keep us down.

Really every last one of you "original" Skinny Chicks are inspiring. I would like to lose 80+ pounds but right now I would just like to see 199. I haven't seen that since my days in High School. Years and years and years ago. :/
  • kristyash60
    Options
    Hi my name is Kristy.I am from Augusta Georgia and a wife and mother to 2 fantastic boys! My ultimate goal is to lose 80-85 lbs
    and so far I have lost 9 lbs since Jan 2..I already feel a difference in my energy level and can' t wait to see how I feel when I reach my goal! The support I get from Mfp is amazing! I am new and would love to be a part of the group. I really need the support. We can all do this together!!
  • jmhunter84
    Options
    Hello! I am Joy, been battling losing weight since I graduated from college and it seems to be stuck and not going on anywhere. I would ideally like to lose anywhere from 50-70 lbs.
  • kristyash60
    Options
    I really love reading through everyones posts!

Loizlane...same mood for me today. I work in a small office with 4 other people. One of our clients brought us a carrot cake today. It's HUGE, with 35 pre-cut portions. I wouldn't even have to work at it to get one. I started thinking about it earlier and my mouth literally watered. I could so easily go get a piece, but then I'd be kicking myself. I blame this time of the month, but I really, REALLY want that carrot cake. My office is closest to the kitchen and I could actually smell it. I decided to put the darn thing in the refrigerator. Out of sight, out of mind really does work. For now. I'm going home now, away from the carrot cake.

Lol totally know how you feel! I work in a Dr' s office and someone brought in huge fudge iced brownies and sat them right across from my desk. Talk about willpower!!! We can do this! Hang in there! lol
  • kristyash60
    Options
    Hello! I'm Holly and would love to join this group! I just turned 26 and after 3 years of searching, finally landed a job that has something to do with my college degree. I, too, have been down the weight loss road before and I swore that I would never gain back the weight I lost before I got married. After moving 3 times in 6 months, being self diagnosed as depressed because I was unemployed, and then just plain being too lazy to get off the couch, I've gained a total of 83 lbs since 2009.. I've had an MFP account for about a year but never really utilized it until the last week or so when I discovered my best friend was using it, too. A few of her friends have added me but I need all the support and motivation I can get...especially after a 3 lb gain at my first weigh-in today. I have a closet full of clothes that don't fit and I'm determined to get back in them! :smile: I'm still figuring out how to use MFP and would love to add new friends, so feel free to send me a request... Please!!! :happy:

My story is very similar to yours.I know how it feels to lose and then gain it back then some! Friend me and we can conquer this journey together!!We can do this!!
  • emilyfaudi
    emilyfaudi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hello, my name is emily and i too am trying to lose weight. ive had the MFP app for awhile but never really used it, i really dont have anyone to do it with. i lost that motivation. i refused to weigh in because like most people its a nightmare, i finally did today and i am 334.8. its horrible but i can admit it. ive been seriously inputing all my meals and exercises for over a week now and its like the light turned on finally all because im actually seeing my calories and its really awesome. im doing pretty good so far and im planning on weighing in on wednesdays. im hoping that i can get support from fellow dieters because i feel it helps when your not doing it alone. any suggestions would be great, and if i can help that would be great too. thank you for reading.
  • lives21
    lives21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Lynsey. I'm looking to lose around 125 pounds and have been working on this since just after Christmas. I agree with emily that a light came on in my head once I started tracking my calories. Now I can usually add up the calories in a meal in my head and am not too far off from the MFP calculation. I have struggled with weight for most of my life, but this is the first time I have ever truly been committed to making it happen instead of just wanting it to. I'm not working as I just got out of school in June, which has not helped my weight either. I've been hitting the gym 3-5 times a week and am still trying to get my calorie balance right. This is a good group to help find some support in this loss bracket! Having others tell you you can do it helps me to believe it too. Thanks!