My goodness this actually works!!!

Options
Well I started MFP 15 weeks ago asking to lose 1.5lb a week. I though progress had been a bit slow so thought I wasn't going to maintain that loss each week, but as of today 15 weeks later I have lost 21 pounds which averages at 1.4lb a week so it really does work, I'm so proud of myself. I'm a hungry nursing mother so I've been naughty occasionally and gone over my calorie allowance including a bit of sweet stuff most days but I know that I use 300-500 making milk so it wasn't the end of the world and it wasn't!!! Now I feel more motivated to give up the sweet stuff all together (especially as I want to stop feeding my son before I return to work). I hit the stone marker today (I'm in the UK) and another 7lb and I'll be pre pregnancy weight which is fab but I aim to keep going way past that (reaching pre preg weight will be half way). Anyway first topic I have posted but I thought it was worth a mention, still not sure I believe I have done it. I expect the scale to go back to normal any day now :laugh:

Replies

• staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Good deal! It does work! We just need to be patient; we didn't gain it all at one time and so it takes time to come off. Bravo!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Great work!
  • jurgitafit
    jurgitafit Posts: 112
    Options
    Congratulations on your wonderful progress. :-) I know too-- it just takes some effort and desire to plan what and how much to eat. It is nothing complicated and there is no magic pill. We can all do it! Keep it up! :-)
  • marii92
    marii92 Posts: 77
    Options
    Wow!! Well done =]
  • xvonniexxx
    Options
    well done, i know the feeling this is the first time i have tried to loose weight properly and im amazed at how well it works!!!
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    Awesome, well done !!!! :O)
  • k_wills
    k_wills Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It's surprising isn't it, that something so simple can work so well. Over the years i've tried every diet imaginable...the more convoluted the better...And yes i had some sucess with them, but i guess they never addressed the real issue...which for me was what i was eating.
    After spending a couple of weeks just logging everything i ate and drank I had a real epiphany ....could it be that simple?....was the fact i was eating 1000 calories worth of sweets every day actually impacting my weight????!!!..lol
    I'm in my 4th week now and have just started to lose some weight...the slow start was due to my body going from a no carb meal pack to real food again, which naturally made me gain straight away.
    So onwards and upwards...And no more dieting....just the feeling of enlightenment!
  • aimeemills
    Options
    Thanks guys, nice to have your support. It's amazing just realising how much I over ate without realising it so it's a real eye opener. By sticking to it I really think I'll think twice about over eating again. I mean it takes me a whole hour of walking at 4mph just to walk off a piece of fruit cake!!! That's enough to make anyone think twice.
  • AkBUTLER
    AkBUTLER Posts: 107
    Options
    Good job! Nursing is also great for losing weight! I nursed my son for 9 months and lost all 48 lbs of my weight that I had gained throughout the pregnancy. Dont punish yourself for a guilty pleasure when your nursing. Remember you burn up to 500 calories every day that you nurse!! Awesome job, once again.
  • aimeemills
    Options
    Good job! Nursing is also great for losing weight! I nursed my son for 9 months and lost all 48 lbs of my weight that I had gained throughout the pregnancy. Dont punish yourself for a guilty pleasure when your nursing. Remember you burn up to 500 calories every day that you nurse!! Awesome job, once again.

Fab!!! I just wish I started earlier but before we stared weaning I just chomped into anything sweet as I was just hungry all the time, the only person every to put on weight breast feeding!!!!! hahahaha
  • healthycat31
    Options
    Lol, the the title of this thread was what I was thinking, two weeks in, & it was really exciting. Congrats on the weight loss. :)
  • coold
    coold Posts: 85
    Options
    Agreed!!!! I set my goal to 1 pound a week, today is my 27 or 28th day, and I've lost 5 pounds! (well, it's that time of the month and I'm up a pound, not to mention i had a large, super dilish pina colada last night....

it DOES work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!