Calories from fruit

Options
Hello fitness pals!

I was curious as to how many of you count fruit calories as part of your daily intake. I'm curious because I have a friend who does weightwatchers and she is allowed to have fruit as a snack and they are not taken out of her points. Any thoughts or comments?

Replies

• slowbubblecar
    slowbubblecar Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Include them. You can tack up a lot of calories with fruit depending on your diet. I'd go over all the time if I didn't log mine.
  • KReduced
    KReduced Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/849946-track-fruits-and-veggies-or-not

I also asked this question. There was an overwhelming response to track them.
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I did weight watchers for years. I would say they set the calories pretty low so there may be some wiggle room within their math for free foods.

Here, you count it. My banana at breakfast sets me back 100 calories. But I love it!!!
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    I log everything. Everything has calories (except water) and fruit can actually have a lot. (bananas are my favorite, but large ones are 120-130 calories so i have to sort of limit myself if i want to eat other things)
  • ambervaldez79
    ambervaldez79 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    log them.
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I log them...esp because for me it's not just about calories. I track my sugar and carbs too which fruit has a lot of both depneding on what I'm eating so for me it's crucial.
  • dawnacharley
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I do track the fruits I eat. I also love bananas so I have to track them because they would definitely put me over my limit if I didn't track them. I normally have about 2-3 servings of fruit a day along with 2-3 servings of veggies. Thanks for all the input.
  • Ayla70
    Ayla70 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    There are so many 'diets' out there. Whatever you do follow the rules for that. Don't mix the rules. If you are calorie counting, count the calories.
  • Bonzai3
    Options
    I do Weight Watchers. Fruit used to have points, but when they revamped the program, they changed that. They made most fruits and veggies free, but upped the points (plus) values of everything else to compensate. The idea is that if a banana and a granola bar are the same point value, way too often people will choose the granola bar since they are "even." With the Points Plus program, it pushes people to eat the banana instead of that granola bar. Great idea for the points system, however, this is not a points system.. it's a calorie counting program.. so the calories have to be counted!
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Include them. You can tack up a lot of calories with fruit depending on your diet. I'd go over all the time if I didn't log mine.
    I would be insanely over on mine as well!
  • dawnacharley
    Options
    Thank you. That was very helpful and informative :)