Help! Cracker Barrel!

Options
tzipporah
tzipporah Posts: 42 Member
Hi all,

I'm being made to go to Cracker Barrel for mother's day and am wondering if anyone has any tips for eating there low-cal, low-fat....healthy. I am a vegetarian, so that's an issue too.

Anyone have any ideas? I'd be most grateful.

- T

Replies

• bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    Options
    I do believe they have a low-cal/healthy menu section!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    If I remember they have on the breakfast menu a fruit sampler and on the lunch and dinner menu they have several different salads.
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'd check this out first. It always helps me to plan what I'll be eating beforehand.
    http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/food/cracker-barrel

Also, if you are a vegetarian, you might want to call them and find out how they prepare their vegetables first, ie. what they cook them in. (I think the green beans have bacon added.)

Hope this helps!
  • SuzieQT
    SuzieQT Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    They have quite a few low-carb options (not sure what they are or if they are vegetarian), but you could always do a plain old veggie plate. Its any four vegetable sides of your choice plus biscuits or cornbread. That's what I like to get there, and depending on the veggies you get it can be pretty low on calories. I'd suggest you plan whatever it is you're going to eat before you go regardless. That's always helpful for me! Of course on the other hand it is Mother's Day and you should treat yourself!
  • tzipporah
    tzipporah Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The low-carb meals are all full of meat.... but the veggie plate does look promising! (Yum, fried okra ;) )
    Thanks for your help...hopefully mother's day will work out fine.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    They have low carb options. I always get the vegetable platter. :) Usually corn, green beans, baby carrots, and i'll usually throw in a little something less healthy like the hashbrown casserole which isn't really high in calories if you have the regular side serving. The veggie platter gives you a choice of four items from their 'veggies and other sides' section.
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I like the vegetable soup... It might be beef broth though... I don't remember.