losing weight w/o exercising.

Options
becasue of a medical condition i'm ready, willing and able to loose between 50/60 lbs. i live in the delaware counrty, pa area and am looking for some frinds with the same interest. the only exercise i can do is walk and that is only for about 100 yards at a time then i need to streach and rest fro just a dew minutes. i'm hoping in time i will be able to increase my walking distance as well. can you work with that?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,665 Member
    Options
    becasue of a medical condition i'm ready, willing and able to loose between 50/60 lbs. i live in the delaware counrty, pa area and am looking for some frinds with the same interest. the only exercise i can do is walk and that is only for about 100 yards at a time then i need to streach and rest fro just a dew minutes. i'm hoping in time i will be able to increase my walking distance as well. can you work with that?
    Walking is great exercise. Stay in calorie deficit and walk. The weight will come off.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Greenblood22
    Options
    100 yards is a football field dude....walk outside 50 yards then 50 back.....then rest for an hour....then do it again every hour for a few days....you'll build some stamina and before long you'll be doing 100 out and 100 back....it just takes the first step and some dedication to yourself to make change :)
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Eat at a deficit, (eating less calories than you're expending) and move as much as you can! That's all you can expect from yourself, and certainly all anyone here expects of you. Good luck!
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    Eat at a deficit, (eating less calories than you're expending) and move as much as you can! That's all you can expect from yourself, and certainly all anyone here expects of you. Good luck!
  • daphnesosa
    Options
    You can find inspiration in "fat, sick and nearly dead", the first part is interesting but the last is inspiring, a gentleman who couldn't walk more than from his truck to the inside of the gas station store became able to run. You can do it. Remember to be patient and be consistent.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    that is better than nothing... focus on eating healthy (especially with your condition, it is going to be super easy to gain a lot of weight) and walk as much as you can... it will be a long process, but it is better than nothing... I wish you the best!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

This. Best wishes
  • Just eat less than you burn, and eat clean. Honestly, weight loss isn't complicated, it just takes time.
    It might help if you find out your BMR, so you can see how many calories you would burn if you were comatose.

Pro tip: Once you feel confident and physically ready, take up skipping. Even if you just do 30-60 second bursts with a minute's rest for 10 sets, you will burn fat like no tomorrow.
  • Dreajewkes
    Options
    I started with walking and eating better. It worked for me and i just kept going up from there. And just putting this out there, what about an exercise bike?
  • wingman22
    Options
    Hey there,
    I was wondering if you could do arm exercises? Studies have proved that there is no such thing as targeting certain areas to lose fat in your body. So essentially, any exercising that you are doing will burn calories and thus shed some weight off. Granted, walking would probably burn more calories than, let's say, the overhead air press, but if you get tuckered out from walking because of your situation, you can always do smaller scale exercising like the arm version of cherry pickers. (This exercise is a four count repetition. Start with arms fully extended out to the left and right. First count will be when you bring your hands to touch the outside of your shoulders. Second count will be moving your hands from your shoulders to the middle of your upper back. Your hands should just about touch with this step. The third count will be back at your shoulders. The fourth will be back where you started, arms extended, and you will actually say the number of rep you are on). Usually 50 reps will give you a burn, but I think you can make it to 100. Give it a try if you are able.
  • kidrocybro
    kidrocybro Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water... and eat less calories than you burn everyday... by a small amount though. Eat clean foods. Eliminate sugars and salts!