Just curious...

Options
I have a question that I hope the sucessful losers can answer. I am just wondering how long did it take to start seeing the differance on the scale. It's been 3 weeks for me and I feel great mentally and have lots of energy but I guess maybe I am expecting to much from my body to fast. I walk at least 4 times a week and I try to eat my exercise calories and for the most part I am just slightly under my calorie goals. Yes, I need to drink more water that I know but I have a healthy diet and eat lots of fish, veggies, salad..ya know the good stuff. ;) Thank Guys!

Replies

• sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I think it was just after 3 weeks for me. I actually started in February and didn't lose anything until the first week in March. I bet your real close. Just keep doing what your doing and it will start moving. :happy:
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I think the answer will depend on how much you have to lose. When I started I had well over 100 lbs to lose and I saw results in a few days... but I know others who have far less to lose who didn't see movement of the scale for a month or more.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    First month I lost 2 1/2 pounds. The second I lost 10. Give it some time to work.
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    I am a guy and we tend to lose steady and faster... I think I lost 10 pounds the first week and about 3-4 pounds every week. Don't give up! you can do this!!!
  • mrsw510
    mrsw510 Posts: 169
    Options
    Starting with over 100lbs to loose and an extremely unhealthy lifestyle I lost 5 lbs the 1st week, 5 lbs the 2nd and then I have steadied to an average of 2 lbs/week since (some more, some less).

The first 2 weeks though, I wasn't even excerising. I just started eating healthy and my body so used to being unhealthy dropped weight like mad.
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing everything right.....so hang in there....everyone is different....our bodies are VERY complicated.....for sure if you keep doing what you are doing you will lose pounds and more importantly inches!!!!! Congrats for starting on this journey!!!!
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    It took me almost a month of playing with calories (didnt know I was suppose to eat my BMR) and learning what was what. But after that it was about 1pound per week pretty steady.
  • mlally1014
    mlally1014 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I started with about 10 pounds to hit a healthy BMI. It is taking quite a while. Finally hit 11 pounds with an average of 4-5 pounds a month. Just keep plugging away and know that the slower it comes off the more likely it is to stay off. Dont get obsessed with the scale and continue to do what makes you feel good.
  • TJ26
    TJ26 Posts: 35
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!! I have about 50-60 pounds to lose so I guess it just seems sooo far away!