New to this...

Options
Hi all, :)

Call me Liv.
I'm new to this website as well as this whole thing here.
I'm 19 yrs old, 5' 5" or so and 190lbs. I decided to try joining this site because I have a "minor" Dr Pepper addiction I'm about to try to get past, as well as wanting to lose some weight for both physical appearance and health related issues.

I've had a heart disease called Kawasaki since I was about three years old, I've never done much research on it but my mother had told be before that I shouldn't be taking in large amounts of caffeine because I have a bad heart supposedly.

I've never really cared much about that, much less believed it was really an issue (had that feeling like my body was indestructible until more recent years when things have started to malfunction.. lol..) and disregarded her rule for only one soda a day, and now I drink up to 5, 12oz cans a day. My main reason for wanting to quit my sodas is because my mother has diverticulitis. She was a cola/dr pepper fanatic as well; however, lucky her, she isn't addicted to it and was able to stop drinking it when she needed to. I on the other hand, have tried to stop drinking it once or twice.. If I don't have at least 2 or more Dr Peppers a day, I have horrible migraines later in the evening through the next day, and no amount of ibuprofen, aspirin or Excedrin will help. But now, I'm about to have to make this change, as my family will no longer be buying sodas, and I currently do not have a job and cannot buy them myself. So, I've decide to try to give them up.

I've also tried to lose weight a couple times... In recent years I've noticed some health related issues, which I've guessed to be weight related. Heavy breathing after small movements/running out of breath quickly, always feeling tired/drained, plus the low self esteem knowing I'm overweight and not being happy with the way I look. I've tried to do some diets like the Drew Manning's Fit2Fat2Fit thing, but I failed about a week or two into it and then got sick of the food.

I've also lived a very very sedentary lifestyle, which I've found very hard to break... Could anyone maybe suggest some easy exercises I could start with to begin to get my health back on track?

I'm not too sure how well this website will work for me... :) But I'm willing to try it, although I have no idea where to even start!

Any help I can get with any of the above is greatly appreciated! Hahah, especially perhaps a small tutorial on what exactly to do with this website... that would really be appreciated as well :)

Also, sorry for the massive intro! Very excited for this new experience here!

~Liv

Replies

• pootle69
    pootle69 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me as a friend. More than happy to help you with your journey :-)