Is this normal??

Options
I'm freezing all the time, can't keep myself warm. I haven't lost that much for it to be a result of weight loss. Has anyone else experienced the same thing after starting a weight loss program??

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Happens to me a LOT. I'm pretty sure it's because of all the water I drink throughout the day.
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Use to be hot all the time. Now I take a sweater with me. I guess without the fat to insulate us we get chillier quicker.:bigsmile:
  • 78kg
    78kg Posts: 1
    Options
    Sounds like a metabolism shift or thyroid problem
  • confuseacat
    confuseacat Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Have your thyroid checked out.
  • crazyjkgirl
    crazyjkgirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have no idea whether it is normal or not however I too am always freezing. ESPECIALLY after eating or drinking anything. I believe it might have to do with the weight loss or even just the restricting of calories but I have been having some medical issues as well and am scheduled to have my thyroid levels and blood tested this week.
  • mhagoaliemom
    mhagoaliemom Posts: 110
    Options
    I have noticed the same thing! I was always hot and now I'm always cold. It's nice to know I'm not the only one! :bigsmile:
  • emay45
    emay45 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm almost always cold, but my thyroid and diabetes tests came back normal.
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    It is a normal thing to be cold after eating. As for all the time not so much.
  • Pariah
    Pariah Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    also get your iron levels checked.
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    It's normal to be cold after eating because your body is focussing on digesting your food and not maintaing your body temperature. That should subside after a bit. Also some people run cold and others warm. If you are really worried you should check with your doctor. You should not be shivering constantly, and make sure you don't have any kind of fever as that could indicate a potential infection.
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    It's not normal but I have the same problem. I keep my house at 82 degrees in the summertime and am peachy. My thyroid tests came back normal, and my dr. told me that though 98.6 is the normal body temp, it can very up to a couple degrees depending on the person and that can also contribute. Just make sure to keep a sweater on hand.
  • canroadrunner
    canroadrunner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I've experienced it and actually found that it was a sign of "no fuel in my tank". I try now to keep my calories for the day spaced out over 3 meals and two snacks and if I'm feeling cold within an hour prior to when I would usually eat one of the main meals, I just move it ahead slightly. Hope this helps.
  • OnieBee
    OnieBee Posts: 67
    Options
    I’m not cold while I’m active it’s only when I’m doing nothing and especially during my sleep. I wear a hooded sweater with the hood up over my head while laying in the fetal position using extra blankets and I nozzle up to my husband to feel his body heat… getting up to go to the bathroom is the worst.
    I do have low iron and take supplements for it (it should be under control) but just to be safe I might go have blood work done again.

Spreading out my calories (as suggested above) would probably would help... thank you for that!

Thanks for the suggestions and comparisons, it nice knowing it’s “somewhat” normal.
  • Rensco
    Rensco Posts: 36
    Options
    Make sure you're meeting your protein goal - I've found I get really shaky and/or cold if I don't meet that. Also, like the others, I've found that once I lost a couple of pounds, I do get cold a lot faster. That's the only thing I WILL miss about having more weight on me! LOL!
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    you really should go to a doctor and have it checked out to be on the safe side. it may be nothing but then again; anemia, my daughter suffered from this, another symptom of it is fatigue, make a doctors appointment!