Insanity and MFP

Options
Hi Guys,

I really need some advice!
I am 5"3 and weigh 145 Lb's.
I have just started using MFP and am three weeks into Insanity.
I calculated my BMR using the Harris Benedict equation which came to 1507.
Then I followed the Insanity guide and multiplied it by 1.7 for 'Very active' and I got 2561.
Then i subtracted 500 to achieve some weight loss, and got 2061.
I decided to use my fitness pal to log the number of calories.
My questions:

1. This seems like a lot of calories to be eating, or am i crazy?

2. I assume that I should not log my exercise, since this will increase my calorie limit? Is this correct?

3. has anyone out there followed the Insanity nutrition plan and exercise regimen and seen weight loss? Or is it necessary that I create my own nutrition strategy? (i.e. Follow the MFP calorie limit, which stands at 1710kcal?)

so confused!

Replies

• annie7hudds
    annie7hudds Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I would state my daily activity as without the exercise. However active your regular daily life is.

Then add the exercise on for the Insanity afterwards.

That is what I do - but others may disagree?
  • aheavel
    aheavel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would state my daily activity as without the exercise. However active your regular daily life is.

Then add the exercise on for the Insanity afterwards.

That is what I do - but others may disagree?

I agree. I recently used the Harris Benedict Equation to calculate what my calories should be and I picked my regular activity level without exercise and then I log the exercise when I do it.
  • Propafitgal
    Propafitgal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    awesome! thanks you guys!
    Will try this :)
  • jelr
    jelr Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    If you are using the insanity nutrition guide it clearly states that since you are doing insanity it is accounted into the activity level which should not be less then moderately active I believe. So do not eat your calories back but that 2000 is accurate for the program.

Either go with TDEE or the insanity guide they will both come out close to the same. Both are a do not eat calories back factor though (once you subtract your deficit) , however do adjust as your body responds up or down.
  • BradHallFitness
    BradHallFitness Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Go with the Insanity nutrition guide. It works! Or you can go at a lower caloric intake and possibly not have the energy to push nearly as hard during the workout. I made the mistake of going too low and I basically stalled out during the first 3-4 weeks. Then recalculated my calories during the recovery week and went with those calories (NOT eating back workout calories) and I was able to push harder during the 2nd month and my endurance/energy during workouts was even greater. Oh, I also dropped 10 pounds that 2nd month eating more and was able to burn more by pushing harder and doing more during the workouts.