PLEASE HELP

Options
Hello guys,

So I am kinda worried that my weight is actually going up...
I was really surprised when I had a weigh in this week. It was a total of 1kg.
So I am pretty worried about it and thinking why? (I weigh myself every sunday, and then I weighed myself again (to see if it was mass deflect, but no it stayed the same!!)
I am so worried, I have been sticking to 1200 calories per day for about a month *occasionally I do go over* but theoretically I should be losing weight.
Why am I gaining?
PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thanks
Anna

Replies

• DeanBurrows
    DeanBurrows Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hello guys,

So I am pretty worried about it and thinking why? (I weigh myself every sunday, and then I weighed myself again (to see if it was mass deflect, but no it stayed the same!!)
    I am so worried, I have been sticking to 1200 calories per day for about a month *occasionally I do go over* but theoretically I should be losing weight.
    Why am I gaining?
    PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thanks
    Anna

1200 is pretty low, work out your BMR and TDEE and then eat 10-15% below your TDEE to lose weight safely.

With that said, have you just started training? added more weights? increased intensity?

DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) from workouts will increase weight temporary, and if you have been training then you might of gained muscle mass, doubtly within a week like but still.

THE best advice anyone can ever give you is, use your mirror and dress size/measurements as your guidelines.
    Not your scales (when doing strength training/lifting)

Open your diary and give us some more background stats/info, that way we can help you more accurately.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    the only way you gained 1 kg of fat in a week is if you ate 7700 calories over your TDEE. I'd say its water retention. If you weighed daily and tracked it, you could probably pinpoint a day that you ate something salty or alcohol or a big workout.
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    Hello guys,

Why am I gaining?
    PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thanks
    Anna

1200 is pretty low, work out your BMR and TDEE and then eat 10-15% below your TDEE to lose weight safely.

With that said, have you just started training? added more weights? increased intensity?

DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) from workouts will increase weight temporary, and if you have been training then you might of gained muscle mass, doubtly within a week like but still.

THE best advice anyone can ever give you is, use your mirror and dress size/measurements as your guidelines.
    Not your scales (when doing strength training/lifting)

Open your diary and give us some more background stats/info, that way we can help you more accurately.

Oh no! I agree with this above comment. I also just want to say if you have been drinking more water recently it can raise you body mass whilst your body gets used to it. It's rubbish I know. I'm sure we all wish we could click our fingers and everything would go perfect, but instead we have to work for it! So if you ever feel down again always remember me and the girls are ready to help you! You don't have to suffer alone! (Sound like an advertisement now haha!) but if you understand what I mean.

We're always here to support with this loving community! :smile:

Chloe X

Slim + Sexy for Summer 2013
  • annakam2012
    annakam2012 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments!! I am thinking of adding more calories, since 1200 is not really working out for me right now (:
    and yes, I have been lifting weights and exercising so that might be the reason I haven't been losing weight.

haha Thanks anyways! x