How do i get rid of muffin tops?

Options
Help!
I gave birth to my daughter 20 months ago and i have lost 26lb on here and i have been doing aerobics a few times a week and go walking alot. My legs and bum seem to be getting smaller, but my stomache is still big and my hips are still quite big too, so when i wear jeans i get muffin tops :-(
Does anyone have any suggestons for exercise in the tummy and hips area? I dont get the chance to go to classes as im a stay at home mum so i do the exercise dvds all the time. So if theres any dvds out there that might help im open to suggestions!
Thanks everyone!!
Debs xx :smile:

Replies

• skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    The fastest way to reduce a muffin top is to make sure you're wearing pants that fit you. After that, you need overall fat loss. You can not spot reduce.

For at home workouts, Jillian Michaels videos are affordable and very popular.
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    The muffin top is the best part of the muffin
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    The Jillian Michaels DVDs are good, you can find them on you tube too. Just keep working on it, and it will get smaller, eventually.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Wear bottoms that fit around your stomach, rather than under it.
  • DoctorKatey
    Options
    You're awesome.

And definitely, make sure the pants fit. After that, I suggest the Tracy Anderson Post-Pregnancy Workout. I've never been pregnant, but I've done the workout, and it really targets the stomach and hips.
  • Dawn793
    Dawn793 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Get the Jillian Michaels DVD no more trouble zones. Love it and it works the whole body and best of all reduces the muffin top! Good luck!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    My muffin top is all that
    Whole grain, low fat
    I know you wanna piece of that
    But I just wanna dance!
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Do weight lifting! Like weights 3-4 times a week with cardio 1-2 times a week.. this will reduce overall body fat.. You can't spot reduce. If you do weights and reduce your overall body fat, your muffin top will go with it !
  • vickipatterson462
    vickipatterson462 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. She also has a dvd called Killer Abs and another called No More Trouble Zones. I'm sure those two would be great for your needs. Good luck! :)
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    cardio your *kitten* off, HIIT, intervals, LIFT, and dont eat crap.

I find that to be the best way.
  • davery1985
    davery1985 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Yes i think that will help if i buy jeans that are high waisted. I have all my old size 12 trousers and jeans and they arent high waisted (didnt really have this problem before i had my daughter) Ill have to just buy new jeans which is fine by me!! :smile:
    Yes i heard those dvds were good, ill have to try them!!
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Blogilates.com. Check the website for all the different videos. They're all on youtube so it's free which is even better. The others are right though, you can't spot reduce. The weight will come off wherever it wants to first. Good job so far though!
  • davery1985
    Options
    Aw thanks so much!! Oh yes ill definately try that dvd!! Thank you xx
    You're awesome.

And definitely, make sure the pants fit. After that, I suggest the Tracy Anderson Post-Pregnancy Workout. I've never been pregnant, but I've done the workout, and it really targets the stomach and hips.
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    For at home workouts, Jillian Michaels videos are affordable and very popular. (From a previous post above)

-I have found 30 day shed by Jillian on Youtub via my television. I started with the Level 1. I do know Leslie Sansone Walking in on there too(I have used them)... May help those who are on a budget.
  • Momowink
    Momowink Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My muffin top is all that
    Whole grain, low fat
    I know you wanna piece of that
    But I just wanna dance!

You're weirding me out.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    a lot of great comments already :) and I agree with them...you'll find as the pounds come off the muffin will diminish, mines has considerably :)
    and low rise jeans don't do us post mums any favours! we need to look out for that when we're buying.
  • davery1985
    Options
    Yes i have been just concentrating on loosing the weight so far and doing my aerobics and walking and i have lost weight really well so far so im very happy. It is coming off everywhere (i think) I think its because its taken me about 10 months to get this far. Must be getting impatient! Haha!! Thanks for all your replies!!!
  • eris1981
    eris1981 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    The fastest way to reduce a muffin top is to make sure you're wearing pants that fit you.

I agree with this . . . I find I get a muffin top if I try to convince myself I've gone down a size when I'm not quite there. Bumping it up a size is much more comfortable and looks much better, too.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Don't know about the USA but in the UK, most jeans are low-rise which amazes me when you look round and see that most people are too big for them. I got a high waisted pair of still fashionable looking,skinny jeans and the difference is unbelievable. The muffin top has gone and they are so much more comfortable.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Well... first throw that "muffin top only" pan away... the best part of a muffin, but ....

Ok, now honestly... go pant shopping. Find some better fitting ones. Honestly - I see it all the time around here, the people wear too tight jeans, too LOW on their hips and it gives them a muffin top. Now I wear normal jeans on my waist and I still have one, so yeah - I'm fat and I know it.

As to spot reduce.... I don't think there are really any way short of surgery. Just keep at it and in time, it will disappear. (Or that is what I at least tell myself every morning)