Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Need help! Thoughts and opinions please.....

I'm relatively new to MFP, but have been using it religiously for the last month. I did really well for the first three weeks and lost weight. Now, I'm starting to gain. I have increased the amount/intensity of my work outs but am not coming close to eating all of my calories for the day. Is it possible that I'm putting my body into starvation mode? I don't want to decrease/stop the exercise, but just can't eat the calories without it being junk. Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• pamwhite712
    pamwhite712 Posts: 193 Member
    How many calories are set for your goal?
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    It's water weight (glycogen) from working out. Don't worry about it.
  • sgarrard01
    sgarrard01 Posts: 213 Member
    Aas the person said above, it could be water weight if your lifting sufficent weight when working out to retain water... or given that you've been at it for 3 weeks and loosing and now on the 4th you've gained is it your TOTM? (as a guy i really should not be the one asking you that!)....

Also the scales can go up, down, (unfortunately not side to side) but you want to look at the overall trend which will still probably be in the downwards direction!
  • motoole19
    motoole19 Posts: 11 Member
    About 2000 a day before exercise. It's a lot to begin with and the work outs just add more. I do hope it's just water weight. It's not TOTM (ha!) so that's not it. I know the scale will fluctuate, just hate to see it going in the wrong direction. I use 10-15 pound free weights for my work outs. Should I increase it if I can?