Need Encouragement!!!

Options
joneswife09
joneswife09 Posts: 208 Member
Okay so I went to Six Flags today and I totally busted my calories and everything. Went way over. I'm so so so mad. I have been doing great. I realize that there is nothing I can do about it now. I am just so frustrated. I look at what I ate and think what the heck was I thinking. Anyway...Can I please get some encouragement!!! I need it so bad. I'm not ready to give up or anything. I just feel defeated tonight looking at what I ate. Okay I'm better now (or maybe not :( )

Replies

• sparkles321
    sparkles321 Posts: 107
    Options
    One day is not the end of the world. It's okay to let all the rules go once in a while. It's when "once in awhile" turns into "most of the time" that you need to start worrying. Don't beat yourself up for allowing yourself to get away from it all for one day. Now that you're home, get back in the saddle and move forward! :flowerforyou:
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me?! Do you realize just how many cals you burned just walking around that humongous place? If only you had worn a pedometer, you'd see that it's all even...........I bet.

All that excitement and :laugh: laughing works double time....& any time you spend with loved ones is WAY more important than any scale can measure!

I'm so happy for you:wink:
  • caloreecounter
    Options
    That's exactly what I was going to say ... you beat me to it !
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    First off congrads on your wt loss already! Second, I bet if you think about it even though you went over board I bet you still made better choices than you would have a few months ago going on the same trip?

Third, Life is something you should enjoy that includes food. I bet you had an awesome time with your family thats what really matters. tomarrow just start where you left off. Most people will tell you who have been on this journey for a while that its not when you fall off the wagon that matters; its that you get back on and get fully commited again after it happens. =) Make sure you drink pleanty of water and the 1 bad day wont matter in the long run.

Good luck
    Tiff
  • MyDream
    MyDream Posts: 72
    Options
    I agree w/every posting......you had a great time w/your family at a great place, and that's how it should be. The day is done and you start fresh and even more motivated the next day. Don't beat yourself up over this!

Congrats on your current weight loss and don't give up on yourself!! We're all in this together!
  • joneswife09
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement. I did not take a pedometer. We were there for 6 hours and I logged 3 of those walking moderately. The lines were not very long at all today and my husband was walking crazy fast because it was the first time he has been to six flags. We also did several steps and walked most of the park up and down hill. I have no idea how else to track the exercise and probably can't get it real accurate since I didn't count my steps or have a monitor. I just made the mistake of weighing when I got home and realized that I weigh .2 more than my starting weight from a week ago. Just irritated me. I'm back on! I'm going to do this even if it hurts!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    do you typicaly wiegh late in the day? I personally can fluctuate up to 5 pounds during the day. You probably didn't gain anything that quickly. Like everyone said. this is a life style and you can't live in a hole so we can handle a day here and there. The trick is to recognize it for what it is and move on. You are doing great.
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Not to rain on the parade, but I don't understand why everyone is enabling?? i don't get it. I thought you wanted encouragement, and all Iread was it's ok it's just one day, don't worry about it, you had a great time. I'm not trying to be a bummer. But you have to understand that in order to be successful in your new lifestyle change that you need to do just that. There is a reason we all at one point were/are heavy, because we made excuses for our poor choices. You know you messed up and you know it wasn;t ok, because you posted on the forum, Telling you it's all good and you probably won't gain weight, is just helping to make excuses and enabling the behaviour. You have to gain control over your eating, and you have to make better choices. I'm all for a cheat meal, but not an entire cheat day. If you allow yourself enough wiggle room to satisfy your cravings of junk or whatever it may be then you'll have no guilt associated to the food when you do eat it, then day by day you slowly edge it out of your diet. I'm sorry but I won't tell you it's ok, Even though you walked a ton today it's a bad habit to get into. Hoping that the exercise will compensate for the calories you take in. I'd pack snacks next time that are healthy, and allow yourself one cheat food on a day like that. How much fun do you really have at the end of the day when you feel like crap for eating poorly?? i really hope i'm not coming accross harsh on this, cause it's not menat to be. I just see post after post where people are saying that it's ok..it's just one day...what happens when that turns into 2, 3 a week...you have to be the one in control, not the food, don't let it win, your body and your health are way more important then any junk that your body may think it wants/needs. Trust me, the feeling that you will get, when you successfully go out and are able to control what you eat is amazing. You can do it, just believe in yourself, and have a game plan going in, snacks ready, drinks ready, research ahead of time what healthy foods may be availble, and stick to it, you'll feel so much better. Good luck.
  • mlbazemore
    mlbazemore Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I've just gone through the same thing...April 30 was my son's birthday....so of course I had pizza, cake, and ice cream. Something you might want to look up, a lot of weight loss sites say that changing your calorie intake will send a jolt to your metabolism and actually help you loose weight! When your body gets use to a certain amount of calories your metabolism stabalizes to that amount and makes it harder to loose weight. They are most likely talking about a healthy increase in calories so that's one thing to be aware of and of course you won't want to keep going up and up and up but one day won't kill a diet...giving up will! You're great...don't worry...
  • joneswife09
    Options
    Thank you for your comments! I am down 3 lbs from last night. It must have all been water weight!