Motivation for Long Run

Options
Can anyone send some motivation my way for my long run tomorrow? Need to cover 20-22miles. I did a 21.6 miler a fortnight ago which to be honest wasn't so bad.

I'm just feeling unmotivated: It's cold outside, I can't think of any more decent music to download, and I have a night shift on Sat and a job interview next week. But it needs to be done (training for Paris Marathon) and I know when It's done I'm sure I'll be pleased.

:-(

Replies

• fusonts
    Options
    I'm not good with words but here's some from Confucius.
    The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.
  • letjog
    letjog Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    thank you
  • wrotruck
    wrotruck Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You can't be stopped because your will is greater than the task ahead of you. You have the strength to break through that wall!

Give 'em hell!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i have two that work at least for me:

It's the eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight
    Risin' up to the challenge of our rival
    And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
    And he's watchin' us all with the eye of the tiger

i sing the eye of the tiger when i need to push myself. sometimes i'll sing the entire song.

second: i think i can i think i can i think i can choo choo. i know stupid but for some reason that little visual i get of the choo choo train that could pushes me.
  • 416runner
    416runner Posts: 159
    Options
    Sometimes I need to remind myself that ! earn my place at the start line by putting in the work.

So think about that marathon! Think about how utterly amazing it is going to be to have the streets of such a beautiful city closed to traffic and taken over by runners! Think about how beautiful Paris is going to be on a spring day and how nice it's going to be to have a warm breeze blowing on your face that day. Think about the crowd support along the route. Think about how good it's going to feel to reach the cheering crowds at the finish line. Now go do it!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Why are you running if you don't feel like it? I assuming your training for something?
  • letjog
    Options
    Sometimes I need to remind myself that ! earn my place at the start line by putting in the work.

So think about that marathon! Think about how utterly amazing it is going to be to have the streets of such a beautiful city closed to traffic and taken over by runners! Think about how beautiful Paris is going to be on a spring day and how nice it's going to be to have a warm breeze blowing on your face that day. Think about the crowd support along the route. Think about how good it's going to feel to reach the cheering crowds at the finish line. Now go do it!

:-)
  • letjog
    Options
    Why are you running if you don't feel like it? I assuming your training for something?

Yeah Paris Marathon in April. This is the first tim I've felt unenthusiastic for the impending 3hr20 training run on my own in the cold. Forgive me ;)
  • SpleenThief
    SpleenThief Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Mood? What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises - no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It's not for fighting.
  • 416runner
    416runner Posts: 159
    Options

:-)

Can you tell how jealous I am???
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Okay, you used fortnight in a sentence with no humorous intent involved. As such, you are obviously badass enough to make short work of that run. ;)
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    You're going to have an awesome number of calories to eat back when you're done.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I don't have any words of wisdom but run because you can... I am currently with a knee injury and cannot run and I want to so bad! Foo Fighters are great to listen to while running! Good luck on your tomorrow run and in Paris!
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Maybe download something different like a book on tape (geez that makes me sound old)...something good and long like the Hobbit. Thats what i usually do on car trips.