How do i get rid of muffin tops?

Options
2»

Replies

• alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Hey Debs,
    First of all, 26 lbs is nothing to shake a stick at! (see my ticker :) ) so you're doing great. As far as tummy and hips, like everyone else said about the spot reducing, it just doesn't work that way sadly.

I also work out mostly at home and am a huge Jillian Michaels fan. I just bought my 7th DVD of hers! I like to rotate them all for variety. 6 Week 6 Pack is fantastic for strengthening your core, but again you can only see your nice sculpted abs once you get rid of the fat on top of them (which comes with caloric deficit). Keep the diet really tightened up. Track everything (good days and bad) and make the best food decisions you can. You already lost 26 lbs so you know what to do! Just keep going. If you can, pick up a few Jillian DVDs and some hand weights (I use 5lb and 8lb mostly). The weights really help burn fat. I notice a big difference in the shape of my body when using weights as opposed to straight cardio.

Good luck! You got this!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Do weight lifting! Like weights 3-4 times a week with cardio 1-2 times a week.. this will reduce overall body fat.. You can't spot reduce. If you do weights and reduce your overall body fat, your muffin top will go with it !

This, and also, I recommend jeans with some stretch in them to smooth things out. Jeans with no stretch always show my belly fat. :grumble:
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    How many do you have?
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Blogilates.com. Check the website for all the different videos. They're all on youtube so it's free which is even better. The others are right though, you can't spot reduce. The weight will come off wherever it wants to first. Good job so far though!

Yes! I was just going to post this. I'm addicted to her, her work outs are busting my butt - and love handles!

Also, you need new pants.
  • auburngrad92
    Options
    I recommend high waisted Shape Wear from Bodywrap. it will help compress your loose tummy skin or baby basket as i think of mine. it is for daily wear and is breathable so you don't overheat. When you sit in pants or jeans it compresses the muffin and it doesn't pop out over your waistband. I couldn't live without my high waisted shape briefs.
  • davery1985
    davery1985 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thanks this is really helpful, ill have to have a good look at them. x
    I recommend high waisted Shape Wear from Bodywrap. it will help compress your loose tummy skin or baby basket as i think of mine. it is for daily wear and is breathable so you don't overheat. When you sit in pants or jeans it compresses the muffin and it doesn't pop out over your waistband. I couldn't live without my high waisted shape briefs.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I agree about getting comfortable pants that fit. Also while you can't spot reduce I have found that by doing weights my posture has improved and the tummy doesn't look so bad now lol
  • davery1985
    davery1985 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your positive replies! I feel abit better now knowing there are more things i can do to help minimise my big belly, haha!! New jeans and trousers in a high waist are a must on my list and i need to buy all the dvds you mentioned. Im getting sick of my aerobics ones i do. I hae an injury in my right wrist so ill just try and do smaller weights for now to strengthen that back up.
    Once again thanks so much for the help :smile:
  • PHLLLY
    PHLLLY Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Don't put too much batter in the tin so that it rises over, wear high waisted or mom jeans. But in all honesty it's like the earlier posts say, lose total body fat with cardio 45-60 minutes of moderate-intense exercise, cardio with light weights, HIIT, resistance training, and proper nutrition with a caloric deficit. No gym or workout? Just make sure you're burning off more than you consume. Just flaunt that muffin top or buy even tighter pants so it's more motivation to fit in them. You'll get some NSVs outta that.
  • SFsista
    SFsista Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    HaHa!