Any homeschooling SAHM out there?

Options

Replies

• clemsonsaint
    Options
    Home schooling SAHD here. Feel free to ad me.
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I just started homeschooling my 5 yr old and my 4 yr old sit in too, while 20 mo old naps. :-) I chose My Father's World Kindergarten. It's only about an hour a day. Today is zoo day though, yes here in Texas we have a high of 75! Tuesday's are Library days because they have story time. My plan is to home school just three days a week since they are younger. We will take it slow....
  • melotj
    melotj Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Homeschooling SAHM mama to three! I'd love to be friends!
  • mommyleech
    Options
    Hi I'm Jane, I am no longer a SAHM but I was for many years!!!!! Loved loved loved it. My children are older now. Ages 38, 35, 33, 32, 27, 23, 19, 17 and 17. Yep twins. I have 30lbs to loose. :flowerforyou:
  • BackwoodsMom
    BackwoodsMom Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    We are in our 20th year of homeschooling! :happy: This will be my last since my 16 yo will be full-time as a dual enrolled student (college courses for high school) starting in the fall at Baptist Bible College in Clarks Summit, PA. (His courses will be all online, $120/credit hr, and he'll get a full scholarship of these dual enrolled courses upon graduation from BBC with a 4 yr degree.)

We have used a wide variety of curriculum over the years with all 3 kids. The 2 older ones are just finishing college and have done very well! My favorites:
    Teaching Textbook for math - we used Saxon for years and switched a 5 years ago to TT. LOVE IT!!!!
    Mystery of History for World History - excellent and makes history interesting
    Ray Notgrass publications for history, government and economics. Very thorough and interesting!
    Apologia Science was okay for my more academic kids. The library was what I used most when they were elementary age.
    Easy Grammar and Daily Grams - wonderful, easy grammar!
    Editor in Chief - practical use of grammar, spelling
    Andrew Pudewa's writing courses - we used one year's worth and it gave a great base for writing

Feel free to message me if you have any questions! We LOVE homeschooling and it's flexibility!

Ruth
  • aefallis
    aefallis Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I work from home and homeschool our 6 year old daughter. Also have two girls who are 3 and 2 and 1 boy who is 5 months.
  • CABasile
    CABasile Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I homeschool my 10 year old daughter; my 13 year old son goes to private school.

I'm new to MFP. Have been here about a week using the calorie tracking area. Will start logging my exercise today.

This is our third year of homeschooling. Last year was exhausting; she likes to argue with me about everything and we wasted too much time debating why she should do math and reading. So this year she goes to a homeschool co-op one day a week for math and reading. Then we work on the assignments for the other four days. What a blessing! Now, when she says "I don't want to do school" I can say "That's fine. Don't do it. You can tell your math/reading teacher why it isn't done on Monday!' <grin> Amazing how sometimes outside authority gets their attention, especially when you are with them 24/7!!

I would love to become buddies with other SAHM Homeschoolers! We can support each other on our weight loss and our homeschooling challenges. Please feel free to send me a buddy request. (I'm still figuring out how to do that!):wink:

Cheryl
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM... I don't homeschool, but I *was* homeschooled - does that count? :laugh:
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    So I was a homeschooled kid and when i have kids... I plan to homeschool them... does that count? add me if you like
  • longtomsally
    longtomsally Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I homeschool my kids as well, have 100+ lbs to lose. I get so busy with the kids and life that I need someone to be accountable to that understands how our days can be. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired of this weight. It is such a huge, dark cloud hanging over me each and every day. Would love to work with you on this project. 2013 is our year!!
  • loseit4ever12
    Options
    I homeschool my 3 kids! 5th grader, 1st grader and preschooler. I am 34 and need to lose about 53 more lbs. I am always taking care of everyone else so I decided this year it's ME first! I joined a gym and bought a fitbit and I am on here. Lost 11 lbs over the last 3 weeks!!

I would live to add some friends for motivation. I got to the gym 6 days a week just to get out of the house!! I am totally committed to doing this!!
  • fatjavotte
    fatjavotte Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yes! I live in France and my children are homeschooled. I have about 55lbs left to lose.
  • glamourislife
    Options
    I homeschool too =)
  • tracybarnes1
    tracybarnes1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You can add me...I'm a SAHM, next year I will be a Homeschool mom of my awesome 6 year old! I grew up homeschooled, private schooled and Public! I've lost 42lbs on MFP and kept it off for a year!!! I would be happy to encourage you!
  • emstethem
    emstethem Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me if you like. I'm not homeschooling YET, but we have been seriously considering it...We've been looking at the K-12 program...I am a stay at home mom though. :) I really want to home school, but I worry whether I can provide the children with the best education... :( Like I said, considering it...feel free to add me if you like. :)
  • apapania
    apapania Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am currently homeschooling my 4 children ages 14, 13, 8 & 7. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm a former (non-religious) home-school mom. I home-schooled for 14 years. You can add me if you like.
  • coke_bottle
    coke_bottle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I home school my two sons and I have a similar weight loss goal! Feel free to add me.
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    We homeschool as well and I am a SAHM :)
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    Me I do!!!!! loveeee it...I'm in Western Mass and homeschool my 6 yr old daughter. :D