My first NSV! Zumba!

Options
This is probably my 500th time trying to lose weight so I have the standard gym routine down and I really wanted something else to do that was fun and would burn a good amount of calories. I have heard my friends and family rave about how much fun Zumba was but I was always so intimidated to go... 1) I can't dance my way out of a box and 2) Totally self conscious

My friend just started getting into her diet and exercise and I convinced her to go with me.

IT WAS SO MUCH FUN! The instructor was great and before I knew it I was pouring sweat and the hour flew by. I cannot wait to do it again! Its the perfect thing to change up my gym routine so I don't get bored.

My first weigh in will be Monday and after a week of hitting the gym hard and Zumba I am hoping for some results.

MFP and Zumba are officially my new addictions :):)

Replies

• justinchobo
    justinchobo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am too scared to try Zumba...I will stick to running!!! Haha. But good job!!!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I *can* dance, and I still feel like I am flailing around in Zumba! But, hey, the more we flail, the more we burn!
  • mgnkny
    mgnkny Posts: 2
    Options
    Zumba is awesome! I do it at home on our Wii because there isn't a Zumba class around here (and I don't know if I have the guts to go to a class!). I like that the game tracks my calories burned and how well I 'dance'.
  • Stacimfit
    Stacimfit Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Wow I'm glad you tried it!! Its my new and really only addiction I ever had. My friend begged me to go and I love it!!I look forward to putting more effort in each time I go. Gl!
  • cincyess1
    cincyess1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    There are many Zumba videos on you tube. I downloaded several of them and exercise at my own convenience when we do not have class. Many of the videos are songs that we use in our class so they really help in getting the rhythm before the next class.