Hi Need all the help I can get

Options
I have decided that 2013 is the year for me and that i am going tolose weight!!! I have been eating 'Healthy' for the past two weeks and i have lost 2oz!!! :-( Was so pleased with myself and thought I was doing great until I went on the scales last night and got the bad news! I have put my "fat photo" as my profile pic so that i have a reminder why i am doing this everytime i come on. Any advice, hints, tips and support more than welcome god only knows i need all the help i can get.

Replies

• notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    hi, i'll send you a friends request :smile:
  • jonelljohnson123
    jonelljohnson123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I sent friend request support from other people really motivates you. I love it!
  • trcharon
    trcharon Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Stay focus, please don't be discouraged... sometimes you will notice inches before you see the pounds... I am in the same boat... I am determined to stick to healthy choices and I figure soon enough the scale will begin to show a change... I stopped focusing on what the scale said and started focusing on how I feel. We are in this together! One pound at a time! Remember, I pound is 4 sticks of butter... or visualize a pound of ground beef.
  • Emaginesc
    Emaginesc Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    We all can use support in our lives. I will add you, maybe we can support each other.
  • trichards170
    trichards170 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It's never easy... weight loss will always be very hard.. Because it's worth it!! I just finished my first week combining calorie counting and exercise. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Don't despair! You can do this! It takes time and commitment. Don't give up and keep trying. Any healthy choice you make for yourself is better than before... just try to do a little better on your choices every day.

Example: YESTERDAY I ate a donut. TODAY I will have oatmeal. :)
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me. Always looking for the support of others and giving support back
  • deborahmari
    Options
    I sympathize will everybody here. I too am trying, trying, trying to lose this weight. Why is it so hard????? I have been at my goal weight in the past and it feels so good. I try and convince myself that the cookie or ice cream isn't worth the guilt or the way it looks on my body but sometimes I just don't care and I cave. I feel so much better physically when at my goal weight. Cake, pizza, cookies, brownies, ice cream have taken me over. HELP!
  • ladycupid
    Options
    Don't let that scale get to you. You are off to a great start. Actually, lets try not to use the scale. Continue to eat healthy and get some exercise in, thats what I do and I feel a difference in my clothes already. We are here for you, you can do this!
  • lruiz30
    Options
    Hi I started using my fitness pal back in October and I have lost a total of 20 lbs. I had gained back 6 during the holidays and I am now back down. I have found that eating very healthy. staying away from whites, such as bread, white rice and such helped me out. I also eat alot of salads. the thing is that your body is used to consuming so many calories when you change all of that with a little of excercise you send you body into shock and it starts to lose weight rapidly. this is my strategy. I eat a well rounded healty breakfast, such as a smoothie, turkey bacon and two scramble eggs and i always include fruit mostly berries. lunch i do a salad and grilled chicken. dinner the same grilled chicken and grilled zuchinni, brocolli or cauliflower, really any kind of vegetables. no sodas at all. all water for the first two weeks. then look for a low calorie drink. i do zumba 5 days a week and also walk every day.
  • jweisshoff
    jweisshoff Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    New to sight and also looking for weight loss buddies! Feel free to add me!:smile:
  • kg047
    kg047 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged it takes time. Feel free to add me.
  • mytman
    mytman Posts: 218
    Options
    We would love to support you in your goals and also give you some people to bounce ideas off and to support you. So welcome to the community and feel free to add me as a friend
  • lynannmr
    Options
    Thank you so much all of you!!!! I feel a bit better already :smile: I know its going to be a long haul and its NOT going to be easy but I am sure with all this support i will do it!!! :happy: